What could be the problem

Reaction score
Hi, i posted thread a little while ago based on what was happening when i played games, it would work fine for anywhere between 30mins-2 and a half hours of game play, but then suddenly the FPS drops and the whole game(battle field 2, world of warcraft, even civilization 4) lags.

At first i thought it was my video card over heating, so i bought a artic cooler, assuming that would prevent the FPS from dropping. i was wrong, after installing it, it didn't the exactly same thing.

At this point i am very fustrated and can't seems to sieze the problem. i aired out all the dust in my computer, stopped alot of unnecessary programs from starting up, at which point my processes only run about 28%.i have 4 fans running but i'm not sure if its a heating problem at this point. i can really use any assistence u can give me to solve this crisis.

Thank you

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just sounds like a heat problem to me. It it works fine for 30mins to 2 hours then starts to drop frames something has to be overheating.

What PSU are you using? A branded one? If so whats the power rating (300w, 350w, 400w etc etc).

Reaction score
Try running it with the case lid off etc to get maximum cooling and see if that works.

Ask a Question