Could not create DirectX device

Reaction score
Hi. I have an Ati HD 4850, and I have a big problem. I start a small game in win7, and playing with it. if I don't exit from it and start to play with a bigger game like as World of Warcraft or Modern Warfear 2 the small game sais: Could not create DirectX device. I can't find what can be the problem. also the SAtarcraft 2 sais: e_gfxGraphicsAPIError
"StarCraft II has encountered an unexpected DirectX/OpenGL error.
If any1 can,
pls help me

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCReview

drivers and or DirectX

most games, no mater if you have the best allsingindancin GC use DX9 ... Win 7 doesn't have DX9 installed, it is has DX10 installed ... there is no, should be no, problems installing DX9

ATI cannot write drivers, but you can try looking to see if you have the latest, may even work

good luck

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
StarCraft II has encountered an unexpected DirectX/OpenGL error

I googled the above and it seem that there are many variants of the problem so it is a case of trial and error.

I run a 4850 in Windows 7 with the driver provided by microsoft and have not come across a problem yet but have not tried any games.

You could try using an older driver from ATI.

Good luck.

:)

Ask a Question