What Could Be The Problem !! I'm Confused

G

H

-Windows XP Pro ( Uptodate - SP1
Running for 2 years with no proble
-HP desktop Pavilion 8756
-DSL Connectio

-2 weeks Ago I upgraded my Internet Explorer from 6.0.2600 to (S P1) 6.0.2800 and it's been working fine
-A week ago I installed MSN Tool Bar and It's Great
-3 days ago i downloaded and installed :
=Security Update for Windows XP (KB823980) an
=Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB831167) an
=Windows XP Driver 5.10.0.5410 for Realtek AC 97 Audio (KB833846
and every thing was doing fin

- This Morning I changed and DELETED Some Five Items Of: Open With - File Assosiations/Extensions !! Related to Text Document

Just an hour ago everything was going fine.. now when i launch Internet Explorer to MSN main-Home Page

1- It takes for ever to launch the page!
2- The ( Sign In Tab) located on the uper right side of MSN main Home Page Has Disappeared!! It's replaced By an Invisible Red Mark . It's not clear to say what is is
3- Main Advertisment Window in Main Page(With The Rotating Picture) to the right would not launch!
4- It says : (1 Item Remaining) downloading Picture!! But never does open up
5- I Cannot use net passport to sign in to check my mail
Im getting an error message : Explorer wants to clos
6- I Can't Join MSN Chat Nor Group Rooms nor I can't get to my mail inbox... I Cannot Sign In To Go There and they wont open anyway
7- Net Passport Wizard Starts when i click next. But At The End It Takes me back to the first page
8- When I open a new Text Document and I try to change Its Name I get This: If You Change File Name Extention , The File may become unusable
9- When I View and save Files and documents in a Sub Folder as: List or Tiles Or Icons Or Details and I close it, Then , When I Reopen That SubFolder They Change.They could only be viewed as ThumbNails !

I Think My problem Is with the Open With File Assosiations/Extensions that I Changed and/or deleted !! iam not sure. I Thought MSN was Updating But now I dont think so
I didnt' create a System Restore and don't have a back up

What Could It Be ? Is It Me Or What ?

Please Help m

Thank You Muc
Have A Nice Da

Fred
Sandy

G

Installing software or Windows Updates, I do believe, automatically creates a restore point for you. If you have not disabled "System Restore", you should have one there to fall back on

----- Fred & Sandy wrote: ----

H

-Windows XP Pro ( Uptodate - SP1
Running for 2 years with no proble
-HP desktop Pavilion 8756
-DSL Connectio

-2 weeks Ago I upgraded my Internet Explorer from 6.0.2600 to (S P1) 6.0.2800 and it's been working fine
-A week ago I installed MSN Tool Bar and It's Great
=Security Update for Windows XP (KB823980) an
=Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB831167) an
=Windows XP Driver 5.10.0.5410 for Realtek AC 97 Audio (KB833846
and every thing was doing fin

- This Morning I changed and DELETED Some Five Items Of: Open With - File Assosiations/Extensions !! Related to Text Document

Just an hour ago everything was going fine.. now when i launch Internet Explorer to MSN main-Home Page

1- It takes for ever to launch the page!
2- The ( Sign In Tab) located on the uper right side of MSN main Home Page Has Disappeared!! It's replaced By an Invisible Red Mark . It's not clear to say what is is
3- Main Advertisment Window in Main Page(With The Rotating Picture) to the right would not launch!
4- It says : (1 Item Remaining) downloading Picture!! But never does open up
5- I Cannot use net passport to sign in to check my mail
Im getting an error message : Explorer wants to clos
6- I Can't Join MSN Chat Nor Group Rooms nor I can't get to my mail inbox... I Cannot Sign In To Go There and they wont open anyway
7- Net Passport Wizard Starts when i click next. But At The End It Takes me back to the first page
8- When I open a new Text Document and I try to change Its Name I get This: If You Change File Name Extention , The File may become unusable
9- When I View and save Files and documents in a Sub Folder as: List or Tiles Or Icons Or Details and I close it, Then , When I Reopen That SubFolder They Change.They could only be viewed as ThumbNails !

I Think My problem Is with the Open With File Assosiations/Extensions that I Changed and/or deleted !! iam not sure. I Thought MSN was Updating But now I dont think so
I didnt' create a System Restore and don't have a back up

What Could It Be ? Is It Me Or What ?

Please Help m

Thank You Muc
Have A Nice Da

Fred
Sandy

K

krok dundee

Fred said:
Hi

-Windows XP Pro ( Uptodate - SP1)
Running for 2 years with no problem
-HP desktop Pavilion 8756C
-DSL Connection

-2 weeks Ago I upgraded my Internet Explorer from 6.0.2600 to (S P1) 6.0.2800 and it's been working fine.
-A week ago I installed MSN Tool Bar and It's Great.
=Security Update for Windows XP (KB823980) and
=Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB831167) and
=Windows XP Driver 5.10.0.5410 for Realtek AC 97 Audio (KB833846)
and every thing was doing fine

- This Morning I changed and DELETED Some Five Items Of: Open With - File Assosiations/Extensions !! Related to Text Documents

Just an hour ago everything was going fine.. now when i launch Internet Explorer to MSN main-Home Page :

1- It takes for ever to launch the page!!
2- The ( Sign In Tab) located on the uper right side of MSN main Home Page Has Disappeared!! It's replaced By an Invisible Red Mark . It's not clear to say what is is!
3- Main Advertisment Window in Main Page(With The Rotating Picture) to the right would not launch!!
4- It says : (1 Item Remaining) downloading Picture!! But never does open up.
5- I Cannot use net passport to sign in to check my mail.
Im getting an error message : Explorer wants to close
6- I Can't Join MSN Chat Nor Group Rooms nor I can't get to my mail inbox... I Cannot Sign In To Go There and they wont open anyway.
7- Net Passport Wizard Starts when i click next. But At The End It Takes me back to the first page.
8- When I open a new Text Document and I try to change Its Name I get This: If You Change File Name Extention , The File may become unusable.
9- When I View and save Files and documents in a Sub Folder as: List or Tiles Or Icons Or Details and I close it, Then , When I Reopen That SubFolder They Change.They could only be viewed as ThumbNails !!

I Think My problem Is with the Open With File Assosiations/Extensions that I Changed and/or deleted !! iam not sure. I Thought MSN was Updating But now I dont think so .
I didnt' create a System Restore and don't have a back up.

What Could It Be ? Is It Me Or What ??

Please Help me

Thank You Much
Have A Nice Day

Fred &
Sandy

Hi Fred and Sandy
"" - This Morning I changed and DELETED Some Five Items Of: Open With
- File Assosiations/Extensions !! Related to Text Documents ""
-- can you tell us what it was you "changed and deleted" ?
rob :)

Ask a Question