What can do this?

Reaction score
Before I even start you must know that I don't really know what I am talking about...:blush:

I'm not exactly sure what kind of program can do this, or if one exists...

I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my computer. (Displays on the monitor, sound comes through speakers.) And I would like to record what is happening on my Xbox and save the video onto my computer. Is there some sort of program that will record what is displayed on the monitor, or something?

Again, I don't really know what I am talking about...

Reaction score
nope cant be done

the only way I can think of is using a video camera and recording what is on screen

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Fraps (link) may be worth trying but I don't know if it would work with an X=Box/

Which inputs on the computer do you have the X-Box plugged into?

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Fraps (link) may be worth trying but I don't know if it would work with an X=Box/

Which inputs on the computer do you have the X-Box plugged into?

On the back of the Xbox, I use a VGA HD AV cable. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-VGA-HD-Cable/dp/B000B6MLTG

The red and white cords are plugged into my sound card, which, in my best explanation, runs the sound up to my speakers and then my headphones are hooked into them.

The VGA cable *I assume that's what it is called* runs up to my monitor, so I switch out the two cables when I want to use the Xbox. *One cord which is blue is hooked into my video card. When THAT cord is hooked into my monitor I can see the desktop. When the OTHER one is in, I can see what the Xbox would be displaying.

Reaction score
User111 said:
On the back of the Xbox, I use a VGA HD AV cable. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-VGA-HD-Cable/dp/B000B6MLTG

The red and white cords are plugged into my sound card, which, in my best explanation, runs the sound up to my speakers and then my headphones are hooked into them.

The VGA cable *I assume that's what it is called* runs up to my monitor, so I switch out the two cables when I want to use the Xbox. *One cord which is blue is hooked into my video card. When THAT cord is hooked into my monitor I can see the desktop. When the OTHER one is in, I can see what the Xbox would be displaying.

I was going to buy something like that until yet again I realised how much of a rip off merchant Microsoft really are:

http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
If you have a webcam you could turn it around so it points at the screen then record off of that, my mate does that on COD4 so he can show off his " mad skillz ".

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As the video signal from the X-Box runs directly to the monitor, bypassing the computer completely, then no, you can't record the video content on your computer.

Ask a Question