What are you listening to?

Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
Chris.. when i first heard them.. i thought the lead was a girl!...:) .. Then i found out he was a man.... Geddy does indeed have a strange voice....

Chris have you heard London Calling by the Clash?.... now thats Cool Stuff indeed..... :D
lol funny you should say that - i played the song to a friend or 2 and they said "OMG THATS A GUY?"

Never heard the clash... will try and listen to some of their stuff...

Reaction score
Flopps... yep i think that "2112".. was the height of the there succses(in the heavy metal realm)

I didnt like too much of the later stuff...... Ive just dug out an Album.. "Test For Echo"... i played it once i think... and to tell you the truth i cant remember what its like...... Can anyone remember or has anyone heard this one?...... Think i will play it later to see if i like it now... thats probobly why i never listened to it....

Flopps has your Prodigy album grown on you any more?... :).. isnt that the "Firestarter" song band?... wow now that was a wierd song indeed..... lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Chris, you gotta check out the Clash, ton o good stuff there 'Should I stay or should I go' is another goodie, but there's a lot more.

Also the last Joe Strummer album was good (He was the singer guitarist) 'Streetcore'. Check out 'Coma Girl'. Then he died. Last year I think. Heart attack. Brought me down a little bit that one, he was the same age as me. And a family man, though still cool, imo.

sigh

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
Flopps has your Prodigy album grown on you any more?... :).. isnt that the "Firestarter" song band?... wow now that was a wierd song indeed..... lol
That's the band. Firestarter was off of 'Fat Of The land' although imo it's possibly one of the weaker tracks. 'Smack My Bitch Up' (it's not misogynist, it's ironic, I think ;) ) is a good track. But this new one is so..... different. And yes, definitely growing on me.

Right now, listening to Thick As A Brick by Jethro Tull. Bed soon. I have varied tastes :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Chris, you gotta check out the Clash, ton o good stuff there 'Should I stay or should I go' is another goodie, but there's a lot more.
Flopps Most Definately True.. :)..... Chris... Dont you remember the 501 Jeans Advert?.. I think if im not mistaken used the above mentioned track .

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Artist- RAMONES Song- I Dont Want To Grow Up Album- The Anthology disc2
And many others mind you. The CLASH is good to Floppyboot guy... err, yea.
icon11.gif

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Pali Gap and Hey Baby from Rainbow Bridge - Hendrix. A brilliant kind of melancholy...

Reaction score
snow patrol bore me,

the geetaring in chapter four by avenged sevenfold near the end is awesome!!

Reaction score
Today it's

Siouxie and the Banshees.....

Album ..Twice Upon A Time
Track.. The Last Beat of My Heart

Oh buy the way has anyone noticed the UC Solutions banner over on the right side of the screen??

Don't you think that the UC logo looks like a Swastika?.. lol
I wonder if it should read "Untermensh Control (Final) Solutions!..... "

I thought No Way!.... so I clicked on the link.. So far so Good!.. The Gestapo had not knocked on the front door and i could not hear the rumbling of Panzers outside the link was safe!!...

Then!........ There is always a "Then" or a "But".. :)

Then I clicked on barebones PCs and guess what i got?
Barebones PCs .. Yes...
I also got the infamous Waffen SS.. he he

Just look at Solteks lightning rune.. Familer?

Attachments

• Soltex.gif
    Soltex.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 100

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
'Infected' by The The.

Fantastic album, considering it's now aging, still sounds bang up to date.

Reaction score
Im working nights doing a data migration to two new NAS servers. This allows me to blast tunes out at 2am around the office :cool:

Today was Machine Head - Hellalive :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
BigJay: Infected eh? I'd kinda forgotten about that one, I'll have to dig it out, had some good stuff on it as I remember.

Shorty: Machine Head, me like, I only got 'Burn My Eyes' and 'The More Things Change' though, haven't heard 'HellaLive' - I'm assuming it's a live album?

And for me, right now: Secret Samadhi by Live, just on a whim, ain't played it in yonks.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Eleanor McEvoy - Yola a superb album.

Flops: you should listen to it, I got it in SACD flavour and the sound quality is mind boggling!

Reaction score
Neil Peart's Drumming is fantastic.. he is one of the best...
Chris you should see the Video "Rush - A Show Of Hands"

Happy you enjoyed the concert chris... was it packed?

Reaction score
he's not one of the best at all...

he is THE best!!

It was a full house so yeah pretty much... wembley arena is tiny though!!

Reaction score
Chris.. im really glad that you liked it.. did they play there older stuff too?

Chris if you like i have an album you can have.. it's called "Test For Echo" by Rush.. its okay you may apprecate it more than me.. as im more from the Punk Scene....... Its ok but i found it very repetative and ive only listened to it twice..

Would you like it?.. Free of Course.. :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question