What are you listening to?

Reaction score
Flopps have you listened to the new album... "Un"

Thats quite cool too.. From the Song about E Bay to one about the Lynux OS... "Rebel Code"

Yep Good stuff indeed... Thanks Flops i thought i was the only one.... :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I never knew Chumbawumba did so much! The only song I remember is Tubthumping, but I did have that one buzzing round my head for about a year ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
spooks: Haven't heard 'Un' I'll have to check it out.

And for today, the album is: The Final Straw - Snow Patrol.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
When I get home from work I will put on the Diana Krall - Live in Paris DVD as it has been on my mind since I got up this morning :D

Reaction score
Fear Factory,
Default Judgement,
Archetype [Bonus DVD]

yes i know, but im proud of my hard rocking stuff, (dont listen to it if your ears are weak)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Kill Bill Vol.1 Album today :) Currently listening to Bang Bang

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Funny you should say that, I'm listening to Battle Without Honour now! I love this tune for driving around in the countryside on a hot summers day :D

Listening to Don't let Me Be Misunderstood now, which is also excellent... now where are my maracas?! ;)

Reaction score
Thermaltke said:
Fear Factory,
Default Judgement,
Archetype [Bonus DVD]

yes i know, but im proud of my hard rocking stuff, (dont listen to it if your ears are weak)
Great track :eek:

Im currently listening to the same album as it happens...

Track on at the moment: Archetype :D

FF were one the reasons I bought a 7-string guitar (love that low B) :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hopes and Fears - Keane. It's good :)

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - The Prodigy. After waiting seven years for a follow up to the excellent 'Fat Of The Land' I'm still not sure about this one. Have played it about 4 times and it's growing on me. I think.

Actually bought these two on a whim whilst trekking round Sainsburys and moving people's trolleys around just to confuse them. £9.79 each.

Gonna buy the Red Hot Chilli Peppers live at Hyde Park next.

Reaction score
whilst trekking round Sainsburys and moving people's trolleys around just to confuse them
Dear god you make me laugh Mr. Stomp...

I'm listening to "Spirit of the Radio" by a famous Canadian rock band named... RUSH

Speaking of which, im seeing RUSH on their 30th anniversary tour at wembley on thursday!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I'm listening to "Spirit of the Radio" by a famous Canadian rock band named... RUSH

Speaking of which, im seeing RUSH on their 30th anniversary tour at wembley on thursday!!
The album from whence that track came 'Permanent Waves' is their best, in my humble opinion.

I last saw them at Hammersmith Odeon in 1980, 3 hour set, brilliant light show - it wuz good :)

My gawd, I'm old.... :D

Reaction score
yeah their light shows are awesome - my Dad (who is the one who loves them most [im tagging along with him and his mate] has the rush in rio DVD and its amazing)

The drummer is just truly amazin...neil pearlt?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue, right now on me system!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Christopher .... Pure Class.. :)

I used to lean more into the punk scene than the heavy metal scene.. but this band is class... from his hysterical vocals(which is good)... to the skill at which they play there instruments(Guitar.. Drums.. Ect)..... yep credit where credit is due..:)

My fav from them i think Chris is a song called "Closer To The Heart"
although i also like.... "Subdivisions".... "Red Sector A" .... "The Big Money".... "Time Stand Still"... ohh and "The Spirit Of Radio".....

I have the double album.... Rush - Chronicles...

Good Stuff Indeed Chris... :)

Ohh im not listening to anything at the moment....Resting my poor ears as well as the rest of my body .. maybee later i will blast my eardums apart.. hehee.... (not tonight though.... too late)

Reaction score
ive really only been listening to their stuff since my dad said i could come along to the concert and i prefer the stuff where Geddy lee dosent sing... can't say i like his voice to much... he can play guitar though!!

Reaction score
Chris.. when i first heard them.. i thought the lead was a girl!...:) .. Then i found out he was a man.... Geddy does indeed have a strange voice....

Chris have you heard London Calling by the Clash?.... now thats Cool Stuff indeed..... :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
ive really only been listening to their stuff since my dad said i could come along to the concert and i prefer the stuff where Geddy lee dosent sing... can't say i like his voice to much... he can play guitar though!!
I quite like Geddy Lee's voice actually. And he plays bass.

I think '2112' was their peak for many diehard fans.

Chris, sneak a look through your Dad's CD collection and see if he has that one. It's good, though obviously sounding a little dated now.

talking of dated, I just been listening to 'Rain' by the Beatles and 'Afterglow Of Your Love' by the Small Faces. 60's stuff, I know, but these tracks, away from the mainstream of their well known stuff, had class, imo.

Ask a Question