What a difference .........

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I had 2 x 256mb and 1 x 512mb sticks of Crucial ram . Pc was ok but when burning a video slowed right down and realy strugled to do anything else .
Now have 2 x 1Gb Crucial ram and I have what seems like a new pc . Burning a video , crunching and surfing all at the same time . Phew what a difference .
Increasing your ram realy does make a difference .

:thumb::D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... and hopefully, you put them in the right slots to take advantage of the Dual-Channel mode of the MB. ;)

With what you had before, you were actually strangling the performance somewhat. :)

PCs do like room to breath. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
... and hopefully, you put them in the right slots to take advantage of the Dual-Channel mode of the MB. ;)

With what you had before, you were actually strangling the performance somewhat. :)

PCs do like room to breath. :D

Put them in slots 1 and 2 , thats the blue slot nearest the cpu and the slot next to it . :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Put them in slots 1 and 2 , thats the blue slot nearest the cpu and the slot next to it . :)
... oops, sorry, wrong numbers ... K8N :blush:

Need new eyes. ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hey mucks, thougt you didnt belive in Dual channel? :D

i should get 'better' ram, one of these days :)

Reaction score
Going from 1GB of RAM up to 2GB a couple of years ago is still the biggest single improvement I've made to my system.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Alf said:
Hey mucks, thought you didn't believe in Dual channel? :D
I believe very much in DC motherboards touting that fact, they do improve performance ... but there is NO such thing, as dual-channel RAM. ;)

What I misread was K8N & A8N ... got caught in my own "numbers game" ... :p

Ask a Question