Well hello!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I decided to register on a PC forum because I’m just beginning my first ever build! I’ve put the specs in my profile – it’s basically an i7 975 designed for high end media work like graphic design, 3D animation and Video editing. I’m a freelance designer, mainly graphic and web design but I dabble in all areas.

I reckon I’ll need some help with this project I’m about to undertake so I thought it would be a good idea if I prepared for what could be an expensive mistake!? No, I should be ok... I’m quite clever really, yep... what could go wrong?...

Just to let everyone know I really really REALLY loathe the Mac Pro – I’m fine with the MacBook and even the iMac but the Mac Pro is disgusting. I’ve always thought of the Mac Pro as a PC with a heavy duty child lock. I’d even say my disgust as transformed into fear over the years. Maybe one day, when I know you all better I’ll tell you what was the catalyst for my hateful feelings towards what designers call “the industry standard”. I’m also scared of moths certain types of butterflies, horses, woman over 80 years old with dyed hair and none memory foam mattresses.

I’m going to put a post somewhere else on the forum. It just lists what I’m about to purchase for my build, I’d really appreciate your advice and guidance.

Many thanks people.

By the way or btw, my name is Luke... just an fyi for you all. I wish I was called Mr Illustrator, that would be amazing!

Last edited:
Reaction score
On reflection I’d like to apologise. I’ve just read my introductory post and I thought what a cock. So instead of editing it I thought I’d apologise... sorry. It’s quite late and I’ve had about 12 cups of Clipper tea... a bad workman blames his tools.

Bye.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hello Luke, yup, that was quite an introduction, but anyone who can manage more than a grunt at 5 am, gets one of these
bowdown.gif
... welcome to the Forums :wave:
:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Luke, welcome to the site :D A 3 post introduction is certainly a record ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

I must remember, not to visit Yorkshire. ;)

:lol:

Reaction score
Hi Luke.......
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum.......
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Intrested to know why you loathe Mac Pro so much....?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Luke, or is it Mr. Illustrator, and welcome to PCR. :wave:

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome people. I think I'm going to be happy here!

muckshifter said:
I must remember, not to visit Yorkshire.

What is the meaning of this? What are you insinuating? Are you insinuating? Remember, it’s in mans nature to confuse genius with insanity. Charles Rane – Passenger 57

Ask a Question