welcome window/screen

Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of/skip the welcome screen? I am the only user on this home computer. Usually, I turn the PC on and it takes a while to get to the welcome screen. I click okay. Now I am having to wait for a long time for the loading to complete. Next, I have to wait again until the connection to the internet is completed (dial-up). This is taking up too much of my time. Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated.

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Highlight the user account that you want automatically logged on, and then uncheck the box Users must enter a username and password. Click Apply. In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you chose earlier, if any.

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

There is an option in the Control Panel in the Users control for this. Go
there and change the options for your user account. However if your account
has a password you will now be presented with the classic logon as in
Windows 2000. If you want to auto apply a passoword (not the best of ideas)
you can use tweak UI to automatically log in with a specific user account.
Why your modem dials at dial-up is an interesting bit as that is not a
Windows default behavior.
--
Curtis Koenig
Support Engineer

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!

--------------------
From: "=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpa2E=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: welcome window/screen
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 15:01:08 -0800

----- Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote: ----

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Highlight the user account that you want automatically logged on, and then uncheck the box Users must enter a username and password. Click Apply. In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you chose earlier, if any

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Displa
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixe

erika said:
Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of/skip the welcome screen? I am the only user on this home computer. Usually, I turn the PC on and it takes a while to get to the welcome screen. I click okay. Now I am having to wait for a long time for the loading to complete. Next, I have to wait again until the connection to the internet is completed (dial-up). This is taking up too much of my time. Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated

Doug, thanks a million for solving my welcome-screen problem. I am thrilled THAT problem is over. Erik