Welcome to the new-look PC Review

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh yes, the dark option looks really good :thumb: it's nice to be able to choose. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I notice that Search and Quick Links have to be clicked to get the drop down menu. On the old system just holding the cursor over them produced the menu. Is it possible to bring that back?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I notice that Search and Quick Links have to be clicked to get the drop down menu. On the old system just holding the cursor over them produced the menu. Is it possible to bring that back?

I don't think that's possible unfortunately as this menu system uses javascript instead of CSS. Is there anything on that menu which you'd like faster access to and I'll see if there's another way round it :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nooooo! :p

Thats one of the best upgrades. :dance:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I don't think that's possible unfortunately as this menu system uses javascript instead of CSS. Is there anything on that menu which you'd like faster access to and I'll see if there's another way round it :).

If it's not possible then it's not a problem. Once the drop down menu is there I'm more than happy. :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
how do you stay logged-in :confused:

what are the 'tick-boxes' on each post & when you log-in for :confused:

where did the 'red-card yellow-cards' go :confused:

all this and more :lol:

:bow:

wow, you fixed "the line" already :bow: :bow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
how do you stay logged-in :confused:

what are the 'tick-boxes' on each post & when you log-in for :confused:

where did the 'red-card yellow-cards' go :confused:

all this and more :lol:

I'll get a FAQ posted in the mod area for all the new moderation tools, I'll try and get it online this afternoon :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey Ian,

The CSS isn't loading again?
Its gone back to how it was in the screenshot i posted above. any ideas?

In both dark and light themes FWIW.

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Ian,

The CSS isn't loading again?
Its gone back to how it was in the screenshot i posted above. any ideas?

In both dark and light themes FWIW.

:)

Thanks for the heads up V_R! Every time I make a change on the new server, I have to copy the files over to the old server to get the CSS working. I've done this again now and I'll keep an eye on it :). Hopefully you should switch over to the new server soon (have you tried ipconfig /flushdns?).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian, i did that yesterday, and just again today. Didn't realise it was to do with that...

That is one this i've noticed with Be, their DNS is slow/rubbish. I should really switch to Open DNS or smiler...

Reaction score
Ooooooooo very nice very nice love the new look well done everybody :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow I goes away for a couple of months and look what happens...The site falls apart and you have to build a new one....:lol:

Looks nice but feels weird! Good work though Ian!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really pleased you like :D

It took me a few weeks to get used to it, but it now seems the norm :). I can't imagine making any more changes for another few years to come ;)

Reaction score
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:Now that I have got used to the new site Well done Ian, the site has been refreshed and is crisp and clean. Hats off to you must have taken you some time to get it up and running. Thank you for a job well done:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ask a Question