Hello and welcome to the new PCR!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can read this, then you're viewing the newly upgraded PC Review!

There's still a lot of background work for me to do, given the size of the upgrade, so it may take a few days for the site to be running as well as possible.

The new forum software is very easy to use and I'm sure that everyone will get the hang of how it works very quickly, but if you have any questions then please do let me know in this thread :D.

One big and immediate improvement is the "alerts" system, that will let you know if there is a reply to a forum/thread that you subscribe to, if someone quotes you or if someone tags you in a thread (i.e. @Becky - just place an @ in front of the username you'd like to tag).

I'll be posting more in the coming days and hours, but in the meantime I need to make sure everything works as it should ;).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
spiffingly good looking and well done Ian. :bow:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The new Forums look very spiffy and are certainly very fast and zippy... um.. rhyming not actually intended there, lol. Wonderful achievement Ian, jolly good job! :cheers::cheers:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
WooHoo, finally got chance to check out the new site, great work @Ian (see what I did there!?) Looks great. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
@V_R I quite like the new tagging system. Might come in a little bit more handy than quotes from multiple posts.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed mate, and the like function is quiet nice too. :)

Reaction score
It will take us all time to get used to the new & improved site.
Well done Ian, hope Becky kept you hard at it with endless coffee, cakes & support!

@Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Something else that you can do is highlight text in a post, then click the new "reply" button that pops up - it'll let you selectively quote much quicker :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Apologies if the server keeps going up and down this morning, one of the background scripts I'm running doesn't appear to be playing well with the site and the recovery scripts kick in. I'm working on fixing it right now!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Something else that you can do is highlight text in a post, then click the new "reply" button that pops up - it'll let you selectively quote much quicker :).

That is genius. :D

Reaction score
First time sine Friday i have been on the site & just getting used to it all.
You have done a good job Ian.:bow:
Hopefully it will make life for You & the Mods easier?

Keep up the good work.:nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Here's a query, Ian.

I noticed that in Members Online Now there are, listed, Members, Guests and robots.

What is that all about? :D:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

Ask a Question