Welcome to NHK

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Not sure if yall are into anime and such, but i have finished watching a show called 'Welcome to NHK' just recently. A rather quirky show, anyone seen it?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Anamie is darn good . Ain't seen the show your on about though , got a link ?

Best series I have seen is Black Cat don't think its been released over the pond .

happywave.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Black Cat? aint gonna lie, never heard of it.
Dont got a english link either, everything i found is in japanese. :D

Other ones i fancy. Azumanga Daioh, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Hellsing. Im not much of a Anime person, but i do enjoy watching them.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cat_(manga)

Black Cat is neat . Helsing is pretty good too . An slightly different is Paradise Kiss and Vampire Princess Miyu and real old style Japanese storytelling is Ayakshi .
I'm a real fan of all of Kurosawas ( thats not spelt right ) movies I know they are a bit long and slow for lots of folk but I think they rock .

happywave.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_NHK
but im sure you already checked wiki :D

upon furthur reflection, its a good show with genuinely funny dialog and situations... its also kinda bleak and a downer at a few points. Its a good anime nontheless, but its not really my kinda anime. I prefer upbeat ones :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yep read the wiki and it sounds as though it wouldn't be my cup of tea but I'd have to see an episode before I could make up me mind .

Shoot up action is more my kind of thing . Though not always . I liked the Tsubasa Chronicals both series , fairly light hearted . A much darker and slightly intelectual offering is Death Note .
The Rozen Maiden series 1 + 2 are meant to be for kids . Kids in Japan are pretty wierd if thats the case
those dolls were just plain spooky .

:D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
A friend of mine seen Rozen Maiden, he didnt like it :p

Welcome to NHK is one of them animes that; if you see the first episode, then you must see what happens next of sorts.
Is Paradise Kiss any good? I heard the opening music, i liked it - but have yet to see an episode.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I thought PK was darn good . If your e-mail can handle it I could send you a taster with me U3 Cruzer stick .

nod.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
e-mail? hah, i gots 56k here buddy.
no worries... i have...erm, connections when it comes to anime.

Since you like shooter em up type, have you seen Cowboy Bebop?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Sounds like my kind of show :D

If you have a chance at a faster connected mates then the Joost on-line tv on demand site has some funky anamie , I especialy liked Gunsmoke .

:D

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i live in the rural part of NM, so there pretty no chance at getting a faster connection. But a m8 of mine does - granted im usually stuck on CoD multiplayer when i go over :D

Im surprised you havent heard of Cowboy.... its not like it was voted as one of the best Animes ever :p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm just a anamie dabbler :p An last year I had the whole Futurama series to watch along with all of the 2005/6/7 Dr Who episodes .
laughingsmiley.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Even though technically not a Anime, Futurama is one of my favorite shows to watch a random episode.
Speaking of, have you every seen a show called Metalocalypse? Its definitly not for everyone, but its a laughriot for me :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Metalocalypse hmmmmm read the wiki and it sounds a laugh but I'm not realy a metal fan . Your right Futurama is definitly a cartoon or animation . Bender for president ra ra .

laughingsmiley.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hey Abarb, did i hear you say you visited Japan a while back?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Chinas your first destination? why would that be? a backpack trip your kinda thing?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Spent 16 years playing at Ti Chi and Wu Shu so would love to visit the Shaolin Temple etc . An China has a rich history and is such a large country with lots of natural wonders .

Yep backpacking or independant travel is for real adventurers . Package holidays are for timid souls .

nod.gif

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i bet you just want to go shopping :D
thats what i would like to do if i were to go to Japan, backpacking
Im trying to plan one out, on of my freinds is interested. unfourtuatly money and time is a problem for him.... the inabiliity to speak japanese is mine :p

Ask a Question