[Webware] Writely - Online Word Processor

Ron May

I'm sure many here have heard of Writely, the online word processor
acquired by Google about a month ago.

(see: http://www.writely.com )

Anyway, I've been waiting for them to open it up so I can take it for
a test drive, but it seemed to me that it was taking longer than was
implied for registrations to open up after being "temporarily" closed
during the transition to Google servers.

This morning, just for the heck of it, I Googled a bit deeper and
found out that they're handling this just like Gmail, through
"invites." (ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!)

Searched on "writely invites" in Google groups and found this:
thousands of invite to give away
anyone want "Writely invite" can send to my email with a subject
"want Writely invite"
by (e-mail address removed) - Apr 5 - 1 new of 1 message

I did that a few minutes ago, and got the following reply:
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: re: want Writely invite! Re: want Writely invite
From: "Writely invit machine" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 03:58:04 -0700

Your writely invitation will be delivered to you within 2 days.

I'll report back if and when I get the invite and have a chance to
check it out. I just thought I'd pass this info along for now in case
others like myself were waiting for registrations to open up.

carl.hicks05

if when you do get your invite back, i would be rather greatful if i
could get an invite. I have searched high and low and can't seem to
get a response.

Ron May

if when you do get your invite back, i would be rather greatful if i
could get an invite. I have searched high and low and can't seem to
get a response.

Invitation sent.