Alternative To New Item Alert Window

Ndy

Reaction score
(Sorry for the long dissertation but i tried to be as concise as possible)
I am new to VB but not to programming -- Java. I'm trying to write a Macro that will:

a) Monitor inbox (or specific folder) ;for incoming emails ;from a particular sender with keywords in the subject
b) Found a start/end date on each email and create an appointment based on the dates and email contents. The appoinment will only have one attendee -- the outlook user.
c) Notify user that an appointment has been created.;​

Browsing the web I was able to code step (a) and (b, )however, I'm hitting some minor road blocks with (c).

i) The "New Item Alert" is a good option as it does not disrupt the flow of the macro and the content of the alert box remains until it is removed by the user. ;The problem is that the "new item Alert" does not really allow much programmatically.
ii) Another option would be to have a meeting invitation show up in your inbox similarly to when you get a meeting invite. However, this is not possible when you are the organizer -- or is it?​
I'm favoring option (ii), can anyone suggest how this can be achieved? Any other type of notification is also welcome.
Thank you already for your support!

Ask a Question