Website root folder

Hubb

I am trying to get website ownership verified by Norton Antivirus. They say I
need to copy a verification code into my website root folder. Are they
talking about the code area of my index page? As you can tell I am just
learning.
Thanks
Bob

Ronx

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
an empty page with a particular name.

Does this help?

anne hanson

I would like site verification an must complete the following process before norton will "verify" my website as "safe". They write:

Please follow the steps outlined below to complete the registration process:
Step 1: Add a publicly viewable file at the root folder of your Web site.
a) Create a file with the following file name and content: File name: nortonsw_d63ba1b0-b267-0.htmlFile content: 5gsxrw0455q-6qxzyhjnc70ykgdgp0hut3aqwgt8gjpu2vx8d1w1o060lb4j3uvboo7jt-kgiru43k48r3q2c797b6i2xta9ktrb7ul5nm17boe1f6d9-rvykjcfxc7c
b) Add the file to the root folder of your Web site.
c) Verify that the file is publicly available at: http://minnetonka.dk/nortonsw_d63ba1b0-b267-0.html

Step 2: Initiate the verification process Once you have completed Step 1, please click on following link to initiate the verification process: http://safeweb.norton.com/site_dispute/verify_site/55208

My question - Where exactly do I place this file? I have acces as administrator to my webpage, but I have no idea where the "root file" is, or where I should paste the file to make it publicly available.

Can anyone help?

Anne C. Hanson

Ronx wrote:

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
10-mar-09

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression
Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread

On 9. marts 2009 20:55
Hub wrote:

Website root folder
I am trying to get website ownership verified by Norton Antivirus. They say I
need to copy a verification code into my website root folder. Are they
talking about the code area of my index page? As you can tell I am just
learning
Thank
Bob

On 10. marts 2009 04:20
Ronx wrote:

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
an empty page with a particular name

Does this help
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression
Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/f

LINQ in Action: Marguerie,Eichert, Wooley [Manning]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...73-c819c6b18712/linq-in-action-marguerie.aspx

Tina Clarke

make a blank .htm page and call it

nortonsw_d63ba1b0-b267-0.htmlFile content:
5gsxrw0455q-6qxzyhjnc70ykgdgp0hut3aqwgt8gjpu2vx8d1w1o060lb4j3uvboo7jt-kgiru43k48r3q2c797b6i2xta9ktrb7ul5nm17boe1f6d9-rvykjcfxc7c.htm

then save it under the root...

your root is what your index.htm page is under..... if you can see in folder
list your index.htm page.... and the .htm page named above then thats where
you have put it ... I would select the very top of the tree in folder list
.... which is your root ... then save to to file - save as and name the page
and press ok .... publish the site and check it with their tool....

come back if that does not work and post YOUR link in the post ... otherwise
we can not help in checking it is there.

Tina

--
Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0
New version includes help for EW 3.0

Ronx wrote:

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
10-mar-09

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
an empty page with a particular name.

Does this help?
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

Website root folder

Ronx wrote:

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
an empty page with a particular name.

Does this help?
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

LINQ in Action: Marguerie,Eichert, Wooley [Manning]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...73-c819c6b18712/linq-in-action-marguerie.aspx

mike m

I don't know if you have ever found an answer that worked for what you are
trying to do but I'm using MS expression web 3 which is just an updated
version of front page.

I would think it would work the same for you as it did for me, I recently
have gotten this code from norton safe web. and as far as putting it in your
website for verification all you have to do is;

1. save the code in your documents or where ever you are comfortable
savinging it on your computer just as it is. Don't rename it. You want to
keep the file name they give you.

2. Go to front page or expression web which ever you may have and access
your website.

3. import the file to your website as it is.

4. go to publish and connect to your site.

5. publish the file from the left side to the right and your done.

6. go to norton safe web and do the confirmation and it should go right
through no problems. It doesn't seem to matter where the file is in relation
to the other files, just that the file is present on your site makes it
public and can be read by their verifier.

Hope this helps you or anyone else who might have the same query.

Ronx wrote:

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
10-mar-09

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
an empty page with a particular name.

Does this help?
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

On 9. marts 2009 20:55

Website root folder

Ronx wrote:

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
an empty page with a particular name.

Does this help?
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

LINQ in Action: Marguerie,Eichert, Wooley [Manning]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...73-c819c6b18712/linq-in-action-marguerie.aspx
.

chris blais

had same problem. here's how i fixed it:

in norton safe web account i removed my website (www.bourgetspa.com) from my profile. then re-added it and requested a NEW verification file.

with this new file - I saved & posted it in my website's root directory as www.bourgetspa.com/nortonsw_blahblabblah.html.

then I went back to norton safe web and re-verified and everything worked fine...

good luck.

anne hanson wrote:

Norton approval of website
14-Nov-09

[...]

DataContractSerializer Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...c-94d2f3b1b265/datacontractserializer-ba.aspx

Tom Willett

Egghead alert!
Do you really think the OP is coming back to see any further answers to a
post that is several months old, and especially since the subject has
changed? How would they know what to look for?

You need to use a real newsgroup..

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
<chris blais> wrote in message : had same problem. here's how i fixed it:
:
: in norton safe web account i removed my website (www.bourgetspa.com) from
my profile. then re-added it and requested a NEW verification file.
:
: with this new file - I saved & posted it in my website's root directory as
www.bourgetspa.com/nortonsw_blahblabblah.html.
:
: then I went back to norton safe web and re-verified and everything worked
fine...
:
: good luck.
:
:
:
: anne hanson wrote:
:
: Norton approval of website
: 14-Nov-09
:
[...]
: On Monday, March 09, 2009 8:55 PM
: Hub wrote:
:
: Website root folder
: I am trying to get website ownership verified by Norton Antivirus. They
say I
: need to copy a verification code into my website root folder. Are they
: talking about the code area of my index page? As you can tell I am just
: learning.
: Thanks
: Bob
:
: On Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:20 AM
: Ronx wrote:
:
: Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
: Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
: companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
: look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
: an empty page with a particular name.
:
: Does this help?
: --
: Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
: Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
:
: :
: On Saturday, November 14, 2009 8:09 AM
: anne hanson wrote:
:
: Norton approval of website
[...]
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice