Webcam not "recognised" by Windows Messenger 4.7

G

Hi - had posted earlier on a the same problem. Whenever I run the Audio Tuning Wizard and assign the Creative Webcam to Win Messenger, I get an error message that the camera is either in use by another programme, or is not working properly when it is. Can some one advise or point me to another post that has the smae problem discussed and resolved

Thanks
Edwar

G

Hi Edward, I've had the same problem with MSN 6.
Please let me know if u find out any solutio
Here's my efforts (no joy so far)
webcam has been installed correctly on my Laptop PC and my Desktop PC. It works in yahoo messenger on Laptop, but not on Desktop. Installation was exactly the same on both
-I have checked for updated drivers, I am using the latest version
-I have disabled both the XP firewall and my Agnitum firewall. This has made no difference whether on or off
-I have tried both with and without anti-virus software enabled, again no difference
-I have looked in Device manager and the camera is listed and the PC says that everything is working correctly
I have ran the various troubleshooting and diagnostic programs in Device manager and browsed several forums online for help with no success
-The camera is a USB 2.0 device. I have USB 1 ports on my desktop. However, it states clearly in the camera instruction manual that the Camera will work perfectly well with USB 1 Ports. It even demonstrates with a photo of the difference in picture quality when using a USB 1 port. So this is not the problem
-The Camera has a little button on top of it for taking pics. When I press this button, a preview window opens up and I can see the video image from the Camera. So the camera is working, but it will not show up in Yahoo Messenger
-I am using Yahoo Messenger version 5.6.0.134
I have encountered the exact same problem with MSN
The camera works in Yahoo Messenger on the Laptop, so clearly it is a setting on my PC, or a conflict which needs to be sorted out. I have tried a different Camera also, and the exact same problem has occured

G

Thanks Rubii - had done most of the things that you have listed. Still no go as well on my side. Hope that someone (MVP) could shed some light for us?

Ed

Ask a Question