Web Page Unavailable While Offline

Laurie

I've recently subscribed to DSL and am attempting to set up a wireless
network. Both computers are running Windows XP.

I'm having trouble accessing the router configuration screen, which
should be available at http://192.168.1.1. I was initially able to
access it, but I'm now getting a dialog box that says "Web Page
Unavailable While Offline". My only two options are to connect (can't
do it, since I can't get my connection to work through the router) or
stay offline, which locks me out of the configuration screen. I don't
know what's changed that's causing this to happen, and don't know what
to do to restore the ability to open the configuration screen without
getting this dialog box -- clicking Work Offline on the File menu in
Internet Explorer (version 6) makes no difference, and I don't know
what else to try. In any event, I feel I should be able to view this
page without having to connect, as it's a local page and not online.

I'd appreciate any suggestions -- please let me know if I've left out
any important information and I'll fill in the blanks. Thanks in
advance for any help!

H Leboeuf

Some issues with IP at 192.xxx....

From: "Karioka"
Sender: "Karioka"
Subject: Cannot access any ip starting with 192

To everyone that have had this problem, I finally found
the answer, please follow this link:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Win98/Q_11595778.html

--------------

Thanks Henri and others.

I ran WINIPCFG.EXE (which for anyone else reading this, create a shortcut to
this and place it in your System Tools folder in your start menu)

Indeed my wireless card had an IP address beginning with 192. I released
that card then rebooted and viola!!!!! HP.com is now accessible!

If anyone else reads the page Henri pointed me to, they may notice they can
reach some of the pages that individual reported he couldn't access,
nevertheless, the tip still works.... simply release the IP address for
your network card and reboot, this should fix it.

Many thanks again Henri,

Dave