We Passed!!! :nod:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Got the reports in from the ERO officers & we passed big time :D
Glowing report :nod:
& we keep the homeschool licences for another year :D

Waaaaayyyyyhooooo!!!! & Party party party!!!!!

I am so relieved & happy :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
spiffin, what

Were you doubting your own abilities then Cirianz ... ;)

Happy New Year present. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As if there was any doubt ;) :D

Well done Ciri! :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thank you :D:D:D

I was so nervous. So much of it depends on what attitudes the reviwers have towards any style of teaching. In a 3 hour interview actual results in terms of my childrens levels of learning are hard to establish. Especially for my son who is dyslexic & so doesn't have tons of exercise books to illustrate his scope & depth of knowledge.
For the most part, when people ask about his learning what they really mean is "Can he read & write yet?" :(
But, luckily the reviewers were very good & actually discussed with me & him some of his other areas of interest & education as well, & mentioned these in the report also :D

So I'm very happy :nod:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thank you everyone :D
My kids were around from their father's yesturday (he has them over his xmas holidays but we borrowed them back for a beach picnic yesturday :) )
so I was able to tell them in person & they were very happy :nod:
Tomo read her report cover to cover & my boy had me read him his, although his attention wanders so it's hard to tell how much he was listening to :rolleyes:
Reports are, by tradition very... boring.
Tomo was especially chuffed though to see how impressed they were by her writing (she got so many reviews for her latest fan fic novel that she's busy writing a sequel now & finding it very difficult being seperated from the internet at her father's (He teaches computer science at the uni so doesn't have the internet at his house & probably wouldn't have a computer either if it weren't for the kids. I think the only thing he uses it for is playing CD's :rolleyes: )
She was able to log on quickly here yesturday & see what reviews she'd gotten on her latest chapter though.
She's also started working on a novel of her own & with her own characters just recently so that should prove interesting. Character creation is the one area where she needs serious work.
Typically her own characters so far lack the history/substance to hold her interest for very long.
It will be interesting to see how far she takes this.
My boy, on the other hand, is spending most of his holiday helping his father & John scrape down his father's house for re-painting.
I got a real surprise yesturday though,
Tomo has had another growth spurt while away, & gotten a new swimsuit.
I had a strong parental urge to write "I am 14 years old" on a sign & hang it around her neck :rolleyes:
I've seen Uni students that looked younger than she does & apparently, when John was around helping with the scraping & sanding the other day a car full of teenage boys stopped & circled back to her calling out all sorts of interesting suggestions about how she would like to spend the afternoon.
John was surprised, but Tomo just rolled her eyes & told him 'not to worry, it happens all the time' :lol:

Now... where did I put my signwriting equipment... :rolleyes:
A nice sandwich-board sign ought to cover it... whadaya reckon? :nod: :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hehe, tell me about it :)

It's a strange thing, watching them progress, my eldest, she's 19 now, is now living with her fella.

He's only the same age as her, he's ok, seems so anyway, but it's weird.

It's odd, ask me to have pictured this just five years ago I'd have killed him but it seems one just gets naturally adjusted, seems ok somehow.

Only thing now that would make me hurt a boyfriend is if he hurt her (and I have 3 daughters).

And I would, oh yes, I would....

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hehe, tell me about it :)

It's a strange thing, watching them progress, my eldest, she's 19 now, is now living with her fella.

He's only the same age as her, he's ok, seems so anyway, but it's weird.

It's odd, ask me to have pictured this just five years ago I'd have killed him but it seems one just gets naturally adjusted, seems ok somehow.

Only thing now that would make me hurt a boyfriend is if he hurt her (and I have 3 daughters).

And I would, oh yes, I would....

Yes, me also.

Mind you, John & I taught her to look after herself pretty well.

A few weeks ago she got in trouble with a lifegaurd at the pool cos she smacked some guy one (& I don't mean open-palm)
Turned out this guy had groped her in the crowd around the pool.
I was real proud of her when I found out,
but he should count himself lucky I wasn't there. :nod:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
This growth-spurt thing though... that's really scary :rolleyes:
Last summer we would go swiming together each monday then suddenly, one monday, the pair of board-shorts she had worn quite comfortably the previous week wouldn't go anywhere near doing up.
& I'm talking about a palms width between the buttons.
She had grown hips in one week!
Now she is a dancer & a swimmer & if there is an ounce of spare fat on her anywhere I've never seen it.
So... how can someone's skeletal structure change that much in One week! :eek:
She was so embarassed because we had to hire a swimsuit for her.
I'm sure I don't remember growth spurts being that radical that fast when I was her age! :eek:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Congratulations Ciri, it's wonderful news to hear that you passed the ERO inspection with such glowing colours, well done to you and yours, and well deserved too :nod: :thumb: It's great to see you sounding so happy - if you'll forgive the mixed metaphores :lol:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thanks taffy :)
I'm so proud of them :nod:
I have such wonderful kids & I'm so lucky :nod:

Ask a Question