Watford

Reaction score
Watford are one of those companies that should of suceeded and been huge, but instead they just trundle along selling their own brand of consumer PCs to the general market, whilst they do have modern products they dont seem to update their product line to reflect other stores.

I have probably only purchaced two things from Watford the first being a CD Writer, which I had all sorts of problems RMA'ing once it went wrong, and ended up sending it back to creative.

The service in general has been good enough for me to think that they are a reasonable company, unfortunatly their prices are usualy far above their competitiors, and along with a narrow product range they have little to offer over other similar companies out there.

Reaction score
PC delivered A OK. Good spec good build. BUT
PSU caught fire - 6 weeks later still have a broken pc.
Queue to customer service is on average 30 min.
Don't try to escilate because it doen't seem to work.
Now involving Trading Standards.

Reaction score
Watfords. Middle of the road.

I have used them many a time. They have a well laid out website and an easy pay system. Their prices are a bit high but they do have a customer service system which seems to work. i agree with what other people say about them. They are a bit bland-range is so-so and their rating system seems little used. Overall they deliver on time and serve well.

Reaction score
Savastore's returns policy sucks

I ordered a mobo (K8N Neo2 Amd64 SKT939 Platinum Nforce3). Recieved - looked OK. Later I found it had chipset different from that I has ordered. Thier mistake, but Savastore would not take it back, claiming it's too late. I won't be shopping there again.

Reaction score
SAVASTORE: AVOID AT ANY COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slightly cheaper, but not worth it. Check the net for the surpriselly negative review this company has

can't keep their delivery deadlines and keeps deceiving you. NO COSTUMER SERVICE

Apart from the poorest costumer service I ever had, this company is unable to keep their delivery deadlines. I placed an order, on one Monday, for a £200 printer plus, cable, blank media and some A4 papers and paid an extra for the next day delivery. After being waiting at home for several hours - they don't precise when it will be delivered, it could be any time between 8-5:30 - but of course they don't bring it in the morning and even though they don't border to inform you!!! - I contacted them and was informed that the blank DVDs were unavailable and it was holding back the entire consignment. I managed to exchange it for another available (after a 30 min phone call!!!!) and because they did not kept the deadline they said I would not have to pay for the special delivery charge. Fair enough, I thought.
Wednesday I waited all day long for the delivery and around 4:30pm I decided to call the carrier AMTRAK. This company had an even poorer costumer service. I was informed that the delivery could happen any time at any minute. So I decided to wait some more time. When it was 8pm, I realized it would not happen that day.
Thursday I had to wait the entire day again and around 4pm, I contacted AMTRAK and they told me the same time. So I questioned her and asked what would happen if they don't delivered it. My question was not answered as I was told it would not happen.
On the same day at 7pm they delivered at my address (it was not me, who signed for it) the parcel but the only the minor items, not the printer.
On Friday I contacted SAVASTORE, and was told I will have to wait until they investigate what happened and should expect this item to be delivered on next Monday.
What bothers me more is that they deceived me several times telling me that it would be delivered at a certain time and it did not happen. It is an absolute lack of respect for their costumers.
I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE FROM THIS COMPANY AND DON'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO BUY FROM THEM OR ANY COMPANY THAT USES AMTRAK!

Reaction score
Savastore suck! Steer clear!

Couldn't agree more with the above poster, stay away from savastore if you value your sanity!
I bought a ASUS motherboard from them at the end of May all was fine for about 4 weeks when the motherboard died.
After several unsucessful attempts at trying to contact ASUS for help (another company which has shockingly bad support) I tried to contact savastore to return the motherboard. On the website they have a returns section where you fill in the form, they give you a RA number and you wait for it to be authorised before sending off the item. Everytime I tried to fill in this form it said that it was unavailable and to try again soon, this went on for nearly 2 whole months! In the meantime I had been emailing customer services and seemed to be getting ignored.
After coming back from holiday I finally managed to get the returns for filled in and sat back and waited. In the FAQ on the website it stated that if you had not heard back within 48 hours then to contact customer services, 48 hours passed so this is exactly what i did..... then I emailed them again.... and again.... an again. For over 3 weeks I was simply ignored, it was not until I threatened to go to every pc magazine in the uk that I finally recieved a reply which authorised my return. I have now sent back the motherboard which they have had for over a week and my emails questioning the status of the return are again being ignored. I will NEVER buy from this company again! I order a fair amount of pc equipment, build my own and friends and families machines and generally advise people close to me of what gear to buy and where to get it from, this is one company who simply do not seem to care about their after sales service and there is no way in hell that I will reccomend them to even my worst enemy, come one Savastore, sort yourselves out!

Reaction score
SAVASTORE - DRIVE YOU UP THE WALL

I too have had problems with Savastore. First time I used them to purchase a DVD-RW drive, not a problem, so I thought I would buy a DIY computer kit. All turned up fine and dandy, went to put it together, I had one dead mainboard. Ok I'll send it back - completed the form on the website then didn't hear a thing from them. 3 weeks later after checking the website daily, I was authorised, but no confirmation email had been sent, if I hadn't have checked, I would be non the wiser. I wanted the board replacing, but after a month, still no replacement, so I asked for a refund thinking this would only take a week to do max. How wrong could I be!! Now 2 months down the line and still no refund. As with others, they decide to completely ignore any emails sent to them, even those that state legal action is about to be taken. Enough is enough, I have contacted Watchdog.

Reaction score
Savastore

I would not touch them again with a barge pole.

Twice my sons laptop has been back for repair and twice it has been away for 3 months. It is also amazing that also allsorts of extra faults seem to appear once it has been returned to Savastore. This includes the RAM memory that they tried to charge me £180 for when on their own site it was for sail for £33

Ask a Question