Wate of time Technica MP3 Players

Reaction score
I really needed am MP3 player, but being a student I went for the cheapest option, mistake, I paid £25 for a little MP3 512MB. It was probably the worst £25 I ever spent!
I got it home opened the silly little packet it came in and the appearance was just plain ugly, but I thought hey, it cost me £25 I can't complain so long as it plays my music I’m good.

Popped the CD in my computer and I was away, easy as hell, adding music was dead simple too. I personally think they just want you to think its great in the beginning!
I used my MP3 player for a week every day on the walk in to Uni, and after the first week it started turning itself off.
I figured it was probably just the battery so I changed it, it was fine again.... For an hour, then the songs started changing half was through, in fact it went mental. Every time I put in on hold it turned off. I figured I just had a corrupt one went to find the receipt to take it back... I’d lost it
wallbash.gif

But this is not the end of this rather irritating tale oh no. One of my friends at Uni. Had purchased one of these gismos, thinking the same as me (bargain
laughingsmiley.gif
) the same had happened to her, but this time it was with the first use. So she sent it back. They gave her a new one straightaway no questions asked. They even let her keep the broken one... not much good, went straight in the bin. This one worked fine. For a month... (This of course is when the warranty expires
wallbash.gif
) then it started up again, turning itself off, one time it even deleted all the music...
These things are useless. So much to say
DO NOT look at the mp3 players in the shop and go... ooh that’s cheep.... It’s cheep for a reason they are about as useful as a fire in a desert.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
bowdown.gif

Reaction score
sometimes cheap means crap

I often either go by the products that are reviewed by Which? Magazine from my local library, or from product reviews often on the net or from recommendations from friends & family.

As you have found out cheap is not often good!!!

Reaction score
I disagreee with you, every month, manufacturers unleash even more MP3 players to an increasingly confused public.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
roberts said:
I disagreee with you, every month, manufacturers unleash even more MP3 players to an increasingly confused public.

Thank you for those words of wisdom Roberts :)

Banned for spamming in your sig.

Reaction score
I HAVE ONE!!!!

Is it a crappy little blue thing from Tesco? AAA battery?

I think its great.

I mean, it has god awful battery life.

Its ugly.

It has very ordinary sound quality.

BUT IT WAS £25!!!

I think you got a dodgy one. Mine isnt exactly an ipod, but it hasnt failed me in 9 months so far :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
£25 for a 512mb player by gum you live in an expensive part of town .
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question