Wanted - Socket 478 Heatsink Retainer Bracket

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Guys and Gals, I was wondering if anyone here could have a rummage around their spares boxes and old Socket 478 motherboards for a heatsink motherboard retainer bracket.

Its the plastic bracket that attaches to the motherboard that the heatsink clips attach too:

socket478bracketjj3.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If it's the bracket that holds Pentium 3Ghz CPU's from about 4 years ago I may have one.

Don't get too hopeful though, I'll have to check, and I'm moving house atm as well so it's a little hectic here.

I will look asap though.

PS: I'll be offline for a week from Friday as I move but you have my mobile number. If you no heard from me by Monday, call me.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep thats the one Flops - for the old P4 socket 478 CPU's.

Good luck with the move :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Okey doke.

Reason I may have one is I built my mate's computer (Intel 3Ghz) in 2004 and broke that bracket.

I ordered one from E-Bay, got a nice fella for a seller who sent me four brackets and I still have the remaining 3 of them, so I shall check asap.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh bugger bugger bugger :blush:

I completely forgot about this amidst all the hullaballoo of moving house.

Sorry.

Do you still need one?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No problem Flops - I know how disruptive house moving is...I'm in the middle of one myself at the moment :thumb:

Managed to source one from Kustom PC's :nod:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
madness madness madness..Ady to Shropshire is it ? and where you off too flops ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me? Not far, I now live looking down on Greenwich railway station/Docklands light railway.

Prior to that I was a stone's throw from the Woolwich Ferry for the past 5.5 years.

Ask a Question