Wanted: PSU for a Socket A motherboard

Reaction score
hey guys

anyone got one of these they can sell to me please?

i need it for my socket A motherboard
it needs a 4 pin adapter to the motherboard and needs to be 20pin connector going into the board.

it is a xp2200
gigabyte motherboard pro 7400 - quite old u see
would like sata connectors too
quiet psu fan is a must!.

if you have A spare psu lying around like this please let me know on here and i will reply back to u

thanks
psd99

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have two, both made by Jeantech.

The first is 300 watts, has 20 pin & 4 pin connectors but no Sata connectors but I could throw in a couple of adapators. I notice I've written on the box 'Noisy' so probably wouldn't suit you. A fiver plus postage.

Second one is 350 watt, has all the connectors you need (20/24 pin main connector; 4 pin connector and 2 Sata connectors) and is quieter than the 300 watt PSU by far. It still ain't whisper quiet though and I think you're going to find it hard to find a PSU to suit that's as quiet as you want. You could always swap the internal fan for a quieter one though. A tenner plus postage.

Postage is liable to be around a tenner via either Royal Mail or Parcel2Go cos it weighs heavy. If you want I can find out the postage cost. Payment by Paypal or BACS, I've dealt with you before so I can post it right away if you're interested.

Reaction score
thanks flopps

perhaps i should provide you all with a piccy of the problem

basically one of those pins (black wire) has come out and will not go into the white connector thing.
so when I plug the connector into the board it does plug it but will not power up. I will use some pliers to try get it to work again.

do u know the db rating of the 2nd psu? u are right I am quite sensitive when it comes to the noise fans generate.
perhaps it is time to decommission this machine
tbh not really needed just there for media purposes

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No idea what the db rating of the PSU is. If the pin you're talking about is one of 4 in a molex connector from the psu then if you can pull it out so it's out of the plug shroud and on the end of it's cable.

Look on the side and you'll see a small lug which is probably flush with the pin or pushed inside it. Get that lug out (use a needle or a scriber or a small sharp object to prise it out) and make it so it sticks out at an angle of about 45 degrees.

When you push the pin back into the plug it should click into place and stay secure there, so try that.

Reaction score
it is a pin/black wire out of that 20 molex connector that plugs into the motherboard

thanks I shall give that a go tonight flopps
:)

Reaction score
I have two, both made by Jeantech.

The first is 300 watts, has 20 pin & 4 pin connectors but no Sata connectors but I could throw in a couple of adapators. I notice I've written on the box 'Noisy' so probably wouldn't suit you. A fiver plus postage.

Second one is 350 watt, has all the connectors you need (20/24 pin main connector; 4 pin connector and 2 Sata connectors) and is quieter than the 300 watt PSU by far. It still ain't whisper quiet though and I think you're going to find it hard to find a PSU to suit that's as quiet as you want. You could always swap the internal fan for a quieter one though. A tenner plus postage.

Postage is liable to be around a tenner via either Royal Mail or Parcel2Go cos it weighs heavy. If you want I can find out the postage cost. Payment by Paypal or BACS, I've dealt with you before so I can post it right away if you're interested.

hey flopps do you by any chance have a model number for the 350 jeantech psu?

Reaction score
ironically I threw one of my old enermax silenced CPU's away it was actually in that black case you sold me ages ago took it to dump yard only 3 weeks ago damnit!

Reaction score
does that psu have a fan control on back?
edit appears not

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just started it, linked green and black pin to activate, and didn't even realise the fan was spinning until I looked at it. It's very quiet, I could barely hear it at all. But bear in mind that's with no load and when it draws current the fan may rotate faster making more noise but I'm really not sure.

Reaction score
okay cool thanks for that
I shall get back to you

gosh I miss this forum sometimes :)

Reaction score
Aye well don't be a stranger then :D

I'll try not to
tbh I spend more time on ocuk forums nowadays - purely because there are so many more people here but my heart is still on pcreview uk as I have a lot of old friends almost a decade on this site now

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I'll try not to
tbh I spend more time on ocuk forums nowadays -

I've never really needed to go to other forums for anything. I know there are a good bunch here that are always ready tohelp and usually help pretty quickly. Sometimes you don't even need to help. Just search old threads to get your answer. I hate going to forums where you ask something and end up having 50 different people giving you answers about something they really know nothing abuout LOL

Reaction score
lol or worse still you get a lot of people talking pony and trap lol

Ask a Question