wallpaper becomes hidden

G

i have a wallpaper set up but whenever i close out of
some programs that take up the whole screen, restart the
computer, or the desktop refreshes, the wallpaper becomes
hidden behind the aqua blue background. only way to put
my wallpaper back up is to change the theme back to xp
and then set wallpaper. very very annoying. help anyone?

G

I'm having a similar problem & have tried the fixes posted here to no avail

My desktop background(wallpaper) disappears, however, when I look at the properties screen it is set the way I want it. If I change the background to "None", click "apply", then choose the background I want, and "OK", everything looks fine until I reboot. It then reverts to showing "none" as a background on the desktop, but Properties is set to the background I want

Thanks for any help

K

Kelly

Without knowing what you have tried (and ignore of course what you have):

Check your setting for the screensavers path.

Here are some examples:

Marine Aquarium 2.scr > rename it to > MarineAquarium2.scr

In the registry, screensaver will work correctly if it is listed as so:
c:\windows\system32\marine~1.scr

Screen Savers do not work correctly if listed as so:
""c:\windows\system32\marine aquarium 2.scr""

Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss

Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719

G

Thanks for the response, however, the issue is not screensavers. That item is set to "none", and works properly-no screensaver comes up. After the system sits idle, the screen goes black, which it has always done with this setting

What my problem has to do with is the background (wallpaper) to the desktop. I never lose the desktop or icons, just what is displayed as the background

1) In properties, the background is set to what I want, however, upon re-booting, while the setting in properties remains constant, what actually appears as my background is the "none" option
2) If I go into properties, change the background to "none", click "apply", then choose the background I want and click "ok", it changes to the correct view
3) If I re-boot, it changes the display back to the scenario in #1 above

The fixes I tried were the ones previously listed in this thread by "r" and by "Kelly", however, none did the trick

Incidentally, while shutting down in scenario #1, the correct background flashes up then disappears. Its almost as if there is an overlay. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I'm running dual monitors with an extended desktop? Its worked fine for months, but all of a sudden I'm having this problem

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question