W32Time Event Type: Warning


B

BoazBoaz

What can I do with that such events ??

I did see this article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832936 but the
resolution is not relevant because I'm XP SP2 with all recommended update
!!!

===========================================================================================================
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W32Time
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 5/14/2006
Time: 10:52:56 PM
User: N/A
Computer: BOAZ-202ILHWJ43
Description:
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152
seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable
time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
===========================================================================================================
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

Jason Tsang

The best course of action would be to try another NTP server.

If the two that Windows provides by default don't help, try some from here
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

If you continue to get that error, you might want to re-register the W32Time
service.
Do so with the following instructions.

1. Start->Run cmd.exe
2. net stop w32time
3. w32tm /unregister [ignore error message]
4. w32tm /unregister
5. w32tm /register
6. net start w32time

Hope this helps.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

More information by me
http://jtsang.mvps.org
http://www.classicsunveiled.com

Find out about the MS MVP Program -
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
 
D

Drew Tognola

BoazBoaz,

Double-click the clock > select the 'Internet Time' tab. Swith the server by
using the drop menu, click 'Update Now'. Try both servers. You may receive
an error, try again. Still receiving the warning? By the way, this is not
unusual.

Drew
 
B

BoazBoaz

'Update Now' is working fine !!!



Drew Tognola said:
BoazBoaz,

Double-click the clock > select the 'Internet Time' tab. Swith the server
by using the drop menu, click 'Update Now'. Try both servers. You may
receive an error, try again. Still receiving the warning? By the way, this
is not unusual.

Drew
 
D

Drew Tognola

You may periodically receive this warning. I wouldn't worry too much about.
I believe the computer's internal clock still displays the correct time
until the servers finally synchronize.

Drew
 
A

Alan

Hi Jason,

Once in a while I have noticed the same message in Event Viewer that
BoazBoaz posted, although I guess that eventually my time _does_ get
synchronized.

However, just now when you suggested that he pick a different server from
the drop-down list, I see that I have only one Windows default server --
time.windows.com.

But, I do have 6 or 7 *.gov servers listed. I'm guessing that at some time
or another, I visited a site that added these automatically. Or would there
be some other way that they could have ended up in the Internet time
drop-down list?

Alan


Jason Tsang said:
The best course of action would be to try another NTP server.

If the two that Windows provides by default don't help, try some from here
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

If you continue to get that error, you might want to re-register the
W32Time service.
Do so with the following instructions.

1. Start->Run cmd.exe
2. net stop w32time
3. w32tm /unregister [ignore error message]
4. w32tm /unregister
5. w32tm /register
6. net start w32time

Hope this helps.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

More information by me
http://jtsang.mvps.org
http://www.classicsunveiled.com

Find out about the MS MVP Program -
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx


BoazBoaz said:
What can I do with that such events ??

I did see this article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832936 but the
resolution is not relevant because I'm XP SP2 with all recommended
update !!!

===========================================================================================================
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W32Time
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 5/14/2006
Time: 10:52:56 PM
User: N/A
Computer: BOAZ-202ILHWJ43
Description:
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for
49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide
a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
===========================================================================================================
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

BoazBoaz

O.K.
Thanks !!

Drew Tognola said:
You may periodically receive this warning. I wouldn't worry too much
about. I believe the computer's internal clock still displays the correct
time until the servers finally synchronize.

Drew
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads

Event Viewer Warning - W32Time 5
W32Time Service Warnings 12
Event Log-W32Time 1
Event ID: 29 W32Time 1
Event id 29 (W32Time) 1
Event ID 29 - W32Time 2
W32time error in event log 0
Event ID 29 W32Time 1

Top