VPN's and character limits

I am setting up an ISA server. I want to vpn into a windows 2003 domain using
ISA. When I set up the vpn client on my windows xp pro machine I set the
client to authenticate to the domain. The client asks for the domain which is
over 14 characters. I can type 14 characters but I can not enter a 15th is
there way around this limitation?

Jason Tan

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting!

I understand that you have built an ISA server as VPN server. When you set
up the VPN client on a Windows XP, you can only input 14 characters in the
authentication windows. If I have misunderstood your concerns, please feel
free to let me know.

Based on my research, the authenticate box of VPN client has 15 characters
limitation other than 14 characters due to NetBIOS name limitation.
Actually, based on my test, I suspect that you have input the wrong user
name or password which will prompt the authenticate box. Also, as a
workaround, you may leave the domain input box as blank. Input the username
as Domain\user and password.

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: VPN's and character limits
| Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:35:03 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
|
| I am setting up an ISA server. I want to vpn into a windows 2003 domain
using
| ISA. When I set up the vpn client on my windows xp pro machine I set the
| client to authenticate to the domain. The client asks for the domain
which is
| over 14 characters. I can type 14 characters but I can not enter a 15th
is
| there way around this limitation?
| --
| Mark Roshak

Youre right it was 15 I'll double check the to make sure the user name and
password are correct.

Jason Tan

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply! If you have any updates, please feel free to post
back!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: VPN's and character limits
| Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:56:10 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
|
| Youre right it was 15 I'll double check the to make sure the user name
and
| password are correct.
|
| Thanks,
| --
| Mark Roshak
|

| "Jason Tan (MSFT)" wrote:
|
| > Hi Mark,
| >
| > Thanks for posting!
| >
| > I understand that you have built an ISA server as VPN server. When you
set
| > up the VPN client on a Windows XP, you can only input 14 characters in
the
| > authentication windows. If I have misunderstood your concerns, please
feel
| > free to let me know.
| >
| > Based on my research, the authenticate box of VPN client has 15
characters
| > limitation other than 14 characters due to NetBIOS name limitation.
| > Actually, based on my test, I suspect that you have input the wrong
user
| > name or password which will prompt the authenticate box. Also, as a
| > workaround, you may leave the domain input box as blank. Input the
username
| > as Domain\user and password.
| >
| > Hope the information helps!
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Jason Tan
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| >
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so

| > =====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: "=?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?=" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: VPN's and character limits
| > | Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:35:03 -0800
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
| > |
| > | I am setting up an ISA server. I want to vpn into a windows 2003
domain
| > using
| > | ISA. When I set up the vpn client on my windows xp pro machine I set
the
| > | client to authenticate to the domain. The client asks for the domain
| > which is
| > | over 14 characters. I can type 14 characters but I can not enter a
15th
| > is
| > | there way around this limitation?
| > | --