VPN

This might not be the right group but I try anyway. I know Linksys isn't
supported here but I believe I have that setup correctly.
What I'm trying to do is: I have a peer-to-peer setup at a main office (all
XP Pro OSes), I have two remote sites (both 2000 Pro), the main office has a
Linksys router with a VPN solution built in. The remote sites are connected
directly to their respective cable modem. I have all firewalls off just for
troubleshooting issues. I have 2 computers in the main office that I want
the 2 remote sites to connect to. I can connect to one of the computers just
fine from both sites using Remote Desktop(not at the same time of course),
what I'm trying to do is setup both main office computers to be connected to
by the remotes site computers at the same time using Remote Desktop.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Craig

Ron Badour

Craig,

There are some sharp remote computer experts who hang out here:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Craig,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, I think the Linksys router need to configure. Maybe you can
consult Linksys support or post to microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
where other peers have some experience share with you.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Ron Badour" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: VPN
| Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:12:09 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Craig,
|
| There are some sharp remote computer experts who hang out here:
| microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
|
| --
| Regards
|
| Ron Badour
| MS MVP 1997 - 2007
|

| | > Hi,
| > This might not be the right group but I try anyway. I know Linksys
isn't
| > supported here but I believe I have that setup correctly.
| > What I'm trying to do is: I have a peer-to-peer setup at a main office
| > (all XP Pro OSes), I have two remote sites (both 2000 Pro), the main
| > office has a Linksys router with a VPN solution built in. The remote
| > sites are connected directly to their respective cable modem. I have
all
| > firewalls off just for troubleshooting issues. I have 2 computers in
the
| > main office that I want the 2 remote sites to connect to. I can connect
| > one of the computers just fine from both sites using Remote Desktop(not
at
| > the same time of course), what I'm trying to do is setup both main
office
| > computers to be connected to by the remotes site computers at the same
| > time using Remote Desktop.
| >
| > Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
| > Craig

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Craig,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 03:14:09 GMT
| Subject: Re: VPN
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hello Craig,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, I think the Linksys router need to configure. Maybe you
can
| consult Linksys support or post to
microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
| where other peers have some experience share with you.
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Ron Badour" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: VPN
| | Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:12:09 -0500
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| |
| | Craig,
| |
| | There are some sharp remote computer experts who hang out here:
| | microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
| |
| | --
| | Regards
| |
| | Ron Badour
| | MS MVP 1997 - 2007
| |
| |
| | > This might not be the right group but I try anyway. I know Linksys
| isn't
| | > supported here but I believe I have that setup correctly.
| | > What I'm trying to do is: I have a peer-to-peer setup at a main
office
| | > (all XP Pro OSes), I have two remote sites (both 2000 Pro), the main
| | > office has a Linksys router with a VPN solution built in. The remote
| | > sites are connected directly to their respective cable modem. I have
| all
| | > firewalls off just for troubleshooting issues. I have 2 computers in
| the
| | > main office that I want the 2 remote sites to connect to. I can
connect
| | > one of the computers just fine from both sites using Remote
Desktop(not
| at
| | > the same time of course), what I'm trying to do is setup both main
| office
| | > computers to be connected to by the remotes site computers at the
same
| | > time using Remote Desktop.
| | >
| | > Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
| | > Craig

| |
| |
| |