volume control

G

My volume icon is missing from the taskbar. When I go to the "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties," Ithe "Place volume icon in the taskbar" is checked, so I unchecked it, hoping that I can recheck it and get the icon back in my taskbar. However, I get this message: "Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed. To install it, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel." I went to the control panels, and then add/remove programs, and then searched the change/remove programs and add windows components, but I don't see a way to fix this problem. I really really really really don't want to use system restore again. Could someone please help me with this problem?
~Thanks in advance

K

Kaylene aka Taurarian

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319095
Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You Receive an Error
Message When You Try to Add It

DMG9 said:
My volume icon is missing from the taskbar. When I go to the "Sounds and Audio
Devices Properties," Ithe "Place volume icon in the taskbar" is checked, so I
unchecked it, hoping that I can recheck it and get the icon back in my taskbar.
However, I get this message: "Windows cannot display the volume control on the
taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed. To install
it, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel." I went to the control panels, and
then add/remove programs, and then searched the change/remove programs and add
windows components, but I don't see a way to fix this problem. I really really
really really don't want to use system restore again. Could someone please help
me with this problem?

R

roger

Hi,

My volume icon is missing from the taskbar. When I go to the "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties," Ithe "Place volume icon in the taskbar" is checked, so I unchecked it, hoping that I can recheck it and get the icon back in my taskbar. However, I get this message: "Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed. To install it, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel." I went to the control panels, and then add/remove programs, and then searched the change/remove programs and add windows components, but I don't see a way to fix this problem. I really really really really don't want to use system restore again. Could someone please help me with this problem?
~Thanks in advance

Place your XP CD in then go to Start >Run and type :
EXPAND -R X:\I386\powrprof.dl_ C:\Windows\System32
(where X is the letter of the CD ROM drive)

Once done: Go to Start > Run and type in: regsvr32 stobject.dll

Good luck

Ask a Question