Windows XP Voice recognition software?

Reaction score
I am looking for some good Voice recognition software...

I need something that will recognise 99.9% of the commands (100% would be better)

Does such a thing excist?

Thanks,

KGB

Reaction score
not unless you've got a few mil to spend.

there are some pretty decent ones about but no way near 100% accurate (and only if you have an american accent!!!)

J

Reaction score
Sorry, my buget does not evan come close to a million, Can you name some of the good ones?

KGB

Reaction score
i was just trying to think of one i used to use, but i can't remeber the name, sorry mate

Kye

Reaction score
I brought a voice recognition thingy about a year ago.

Problem is, is getting it too recognise your voice properly. you have too speak proper english, and every word you say has too sound the same, which is difficult if you start saying the same word but with a different tone.

I had too read Alice in Wonderland into the mic, after a while your mouth goes a tad dry and you sound different. You can have breaks but the more you read the better it recognises your voice.

Talk like a robot and you would be ok. otherwise, i had alot of errors with it, best i think anyone could get it is around 70%

Kye

Edit: i cant remember what it was called, but it was not cheap :(

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
When I first experimented with voice recognition software (more than two years back) it was a Philips software package and it took a long time to set up everything. Besides the training is very boring, having to read and getting the software to recognise your voice. I was doing all this as an introduction and for educational purpose for my children. They were the ones I later realised were getting bored too. I just gave up.

I remember the accuracy listed in the package was something like 80% which probably was its limit.

To keep the package and bundled mic affordable the quality is scrificed. A high quality mic would certainly improve on the accuracy but would be prohibitive as far as cost is concerned. Therefore anything which is high quality cannot be mass produced and that is why it never really picked up.

I am sure something very sophisticated will come along soon which would be accurate as well as affordable, I have not come across any but if I will, I'll report it here.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A breakthrough in accuracy, delivering an amazing 25% increase and up to an astounding 99% speech to text conversion level. A breakthrough in ease-of-use, allowing you to complete complex tasks with a simple word or phrase. A breakthrough in flexibility in turning recorded speech into text - from Pocket PC's, Palm Tungsten, Tablet PC and digital recording devices. And finally a breakthrough in affordability...
:D

I once had a 'customer' come into the shop where I was working at the time. Had a complaint that this 'piece of software' was not really that good ... I listened ... It soon became obvious why it was 'no good' ... the Gentleman, although a GP, was of an Ethnic Origin and had a very broad Indian accent.

I had to put it very politely that these things really only were as good as you could afford the time to "train" it, and then, you needed a 1950s BBC accent.

Try Dragon NaturallySpeaking and if I remember correctly it came with its own headset.

:thumb:

Ask a Question