Vista will Not Install

The following error screen comes up following the system scan.

I've run the upgrade adviser software (beta), and it continually keeps
saying that I can install ULTIMATE (recommended) and that no device drivers
or hardware needs to be upgraded.

It shouldn't because I'm running the following:
Intel 930 Dual Core 3.0 ghz processor
1GB DDR2 667mhz ram
80GB HD
Video card with 128mb (ATI)
New Motherboard with latest update Bios

Here is the error message:

"You must make the following changes before installing Windows
Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated
driver software for these devices:
Your computer is not compatible with Windows Vista, so Windows Vista cannot
be installed. "

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Jerry

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Jerry,
Are you booting from the DVD or trying to upgrade?
If you are trying to upgrade what is the computer type listed in Device
Manager?
I suspect the error is trying to telling you the machine is not ACPI
compliant which may mean that you have to update your bios.
Do you have a \panther\setupact.log file? Is there more information in
that log file on the error message?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?= <[email protected]>
<Subject: Vista will Not Install
<Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:41:01 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
<
[...]

Here is the setupact.log content:
Info [0x0a000a] UI Autorun:Autorun core successfully initialized!!!
Info [0x0a000b] UI Autorun:Autorun UI successfully initialized!!!
Info UI Page with ID 2018 returned 0 for
CanPageBeActivated with choice 0
Info UI Page with ID 2002 returned 0 for
CanPageBeActivated with choice 0
Info UI Page with ID 1200 returned 1 for
CanPageBeActivated with choice 0
Info UI Page with ID 1200 returned 1 for
CanPageBeActivated with choice 0
Info [0x0a011c] UI WizardDialogPost::SetActive
Warning [0x0a0010] UI WM_KEYUP for 0 key on -1
Info [0x0a018e] UI Passing command line parameter ("/HideWelcome
/uilanguage:en-US /targetlanguage:en-US") to IBS.
Warning [0x0a0010] UI WM_KEYUP for 0 key on -1
Info [0x0a018e] UI Passing command line parameter ("/HideWelcome
/uilanguage:en-US /targetlanguage:en-US") to IBS.
Info [0x0a013b] UI Cancel rejected. Remaining on Page Install
Windows.

Also, to your question...I was running an UPGRADE from Windows

I've looked in the device manager, and it shows the computer being
'Standard'...so that is probably where the problem is.

I guess I'll boot from the DVD and do a clean install, as apparently I
neglected to set the previous Windows installation to ACPI (thought I had,
but apparently skipped it). The m/b is an ACPI board, and it has the latest
Bios.

Probably a clean install will be better anyway, as there won't be any
residual stuff left to slow things down.

Thanks for the response.

Jerry

--
Jerry

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello Jerry,
Are you booting from the DVD or trying to upgrade?
If you are trying to upgrade what is the computer type listed in Device
Manager?
I suspect the error is trying to telling you the machine is not ACPI
compliant which may mean that you have to update your bios.
Do you have a \panther\setupact.log file? Is there more information in
that log file on the error message?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?= <[email protected]>