Windows Vista Vista vs '3' usb modem

Reaction score
Dell Vostro 1000 and Windows Vista (Business). A recently purchased '3' PAYG usb modem on Orange installs okay but the only web page to load, reluctantley is '3' s PAYG top up page.

The modem installs okay on an Asus pc 701 and loads pages for the internet reasonably fast, well almost, but is fine for general browsing.

Have tried and tried and tried to use the internet on the Dell via this method but the IE will not load any pages, in fact the green bar on the bottom of the screen only travels so far then i get the rejection notice.

Transfer to the Asus and the pages load and browsing can resume. Can anyone suggest a solution, change of operating system perhaps? The Dell is up to date with security and runs Kaspersky anti virus along side Windows firewall. Thanks. 3 connects through Orange 2g GPRS in my town.

(3 co

(

Last edited:
Reaction score
In all honesty mate, take it back to Orange and get a refund, then goto Three and get one of theirs..I have been through the lot..Orange, T-Mobile, O2 and Vodafone and Three is by far the best..I also had similar difficulties with Orange..With Three you get better coverage as they have had 3g for a long time..Also better value for money when topping up..

Ask a Question