VISTA- Deleting, copying files

Marian Pudek

I have problems with deleting, moving and copying files regardles of the
file
types, that is whether graphic or text. I've to wait for about 30 seconds
before it is
deleted. The same with Recycle Bin files as well. I click on to delete file
a text box drops
down it says "calculating time remaing" and after about 20 to 30 seconds
finaly deletes
it. The file can be as small as few kb or a few MB'c.

Does anyone can provide advice how to deal with it?
Or anyone had this kind of experience? Please help?
In Windows Mail the deleting is as one may expect - normal.

I've MS Vista Home Premium since march. And I'm not at all happy with many
of its features, too much FLUFF for nothing!
I'm seriously thinking of going back to either Win XP or Apple.

Thanks Marian

KristleBawl

First, what antivirus are you using?

McAfee and Norton have been knon to work poorly on Vista.

"Marian Pudek" wrote in message news:O9Bei.48135$NV3.29130@pd7urf2no...

theclyde

[...]

Going back to a different OS, or using a third party file manager to
manage your files are about the only things you can do. But just
think, eventually when Microsoft realizes that people actually *do*
value their time... they can come out with a version of Windows that
is 4000% faster than the previous one just by fixing their file
transfer issues.

I agree! I've been operating Vista (Basic) for less than a week and just
can't get on with it. And here in Australia I just can't seem to get any
technical support.

Andrew McLaren

Jilly said:
I agree! I've been operating Vista (Basic) for less than a week and just
can't get on with it. And here in Australia I just can't seem to get any
technical support.

Hi Jilly,

Did you buy Vista as a stand-alone package, or did it come with your PC? If
you bought a copy of Vista, you should be able to ring the 13 2058 number
for Microsoft Product Support in Australia. They provide free support for
Vista for 90 days from activation. The phone line is open from 8am till 8pm,
Eastern Standard time.

If Vista came with a new PC, then it is up to the supplier of your PC to
provide tech support. That can be a bit more, um, variable in quality.

Cheers,