Windows Vista Vista burning rights problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to burn an audio CD of some digital music I've written on my PC, and every time I try to do this, it says the files don't have 'burn rights'. What are these, and why is it saying I don't own the rights to my own music?! It burns data discs okay, but not audio CDs. I need to use the CD in a normal CD player. I have vista home premium on my laptop. Any help appreciated! Claire

Reaction score
clairesummerbell said:
Hi,

I am trying to burn an audio CD of some digital music I've written on my PC, and every time I try to do this, it says the files don't have 'burn rights'. What are these, and why is it saying I don't own the rights to my own music?! It burns data discs okay, but not audio CDs. I need to use the CD in a normal CD player. I have vista home premium on my laptop. Any help appreciated! Claire

what software are you using then?

windows vista is poor copying if your using media player

Reaction score
Burning rights cont'd..

I've written some music in a program called Coda Finale, and am playing it back using Coda, but more often in Windows Media Player. When I save the playlist in Media Player, a blue 'i' icon appears beside each tune I've saved and effectively says they can't be burned on a normal audio CD due to problems with burning rights, even though I have written these tunes therefore presumably don't have to get rights to burn them?! I need them to play on a CD player. I've even tried saving them as m3u files (or whatever they're called) but it still wont let me do it. Mmm. Couldn't see an option in CodaFinale to save them as MP3 files.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Vista when it comes to burning audio to CD's so ignore michael555's assertion.

What's the file extension of the audio files you want to burn?

The file extension will be the letters after the full stop after the tune title, for instance twistandshout.WAV will have a file extension of *.WAV

Ask a Question