Vista Blue Screen after failed SP1 installer

wtfmate

So my friend's computer tried downloading Service Pack 1 and it faile
during the process and now every time Vista loads to start up it goe
right to a blue screen. And when I put in a CD/DVD it will show th
black screen and load the CD/DVD but after it loads it goes straight t
the boot process. Even after I disabled the HDD from being loaded in th
bios. Also, there is no option to run under safe mode. Just setup
system recovery, and boot process pop up before Vista starts to load.
should also mention that nothing other than setup will actually d
anything

Rick Rogers

Hi,

Your best bet would be a system restore to a point prior to the installation
attempt. If you can access the boot menu by hitting F8 at startup, then
choose the command line mode (non-gui) and run rstrui.exe. If not, boot with
the Vista disk and enter the startup repair/advanced options and try from
there.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

wtfmate

Rick said:
Hi

Your best bet would be a system restore to a point prior to th
installation
attempt. If you can access the boot menu by hitting F8 at startup, the

choose the command line mode (non-gui) and run rstrui.exe. If not, boo
with
the Vista disk and enter the startup repair/advanced options and tr
from
there

--
Best of Luck

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MV
'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
(
Windows help - 'Nutcase's Home' (http://www.rickrogers.org
"wtfmate" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

So my friend's computer tried downloading Service Pack 1 and it faile
during the process and now every time Vista loads to start up it goe
right to a blue screen. And when I put in a CD/DVD it will show th
black screen and load the CD/DVD but after it loads it goes straigh
the boot process. Even after I disabled the HDD from being loaded i
th
bios. Also, there is no option to run under safe mode. Just setup
system recovery, and boot process pop up before Vista starts to load

should also mention that nothing other than setup will actually d
anything

I've tried a system restore and instead of doing a system restore i
still tries to load Vista. There has been NO option with any logica
sense that I can use to fix this. I cannot run system restores,
cannot boot disks, I cannot do anything through any of the F options.

Also, when I go through F8 and choose command line it loads the file
and then restarts the computer. And when I try running through saf
mode in any other mode it still tries to boot Vista and blue screen

wtfmate

wtfmate;877339 said:
I've tried a system restore and instead of doing a system restore i
still tries to load Vista. There has been NO option with any logica
sense that I can use to fix this. I cannot run system restores,
cannot boot disks, I cannot do anything through any of the F options.

Also, when I go through F8 and choose command line it loads the file
and then restarts the computer. And when I try running through saf
mode in any other mode it still tries to boot Vista and blue screen

Ok so I now have a new problem. After working at it I somehow got th
repair disk to load. It may have been after I removed the CMOS and RAM
Well now the problem is, his HDD isn't being recognized so the repai
disk can't help if it can't find the drive. I've looked and it wasn'
being seen in the BIOS either. It's a WD 2500J

'Specifications for the 250GB Special Edition Serial ATA drive (mode
WD2500JD)' (http://tinyurl.com/yjms8bn

I'm not sure what happened but it's not being recognized. Everything i
plugged in correctly. No settings were changed either. The BIOS is als
enabled for SATA1 and 2 controllers. Though this also may be why th
disk was working in the first place. And yes the HDD is spinnin