Vista birthday offer>>a second free copy of vista with the first you buy!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by VistaByte, Dec 25, 2007.

  1. VistaByte

    VistaByte Guest

    http://keznews.com/3889_Happy_Birthday_Windows_Vista!

    As we approach the one year anniversary of launching Windows Vista® we want
    to remember you as one of the many people who downloaded and tested one of
    the Windows Vista Beta or Release Candidates through TechNet or MSDN®.YOU
    were a significant contributor to the development of Windows Vista. Your
    participation was extremely valuable to Microsoft, and we would like to say,
    "Thank You!"

    To show our appreciation, we have several special offers exclusively
    available to you.

    Offer 1: The ULTIMATE OFFER
    Just go to your favorite retail or online store and purchase a standalone,
    full package Windows Vista Ultimate product, full or upgrade version, and we
    will match that with a second, complimentary Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade
    product key. We will honor a copy you purchased, and first activated, after
    December 1, 2007. Hurry! This offer expires on January 15, 2008.

    To take advantage of this great offer, simply follow these steps:

    Go to http://www.windowsvistaevalcomp.com.
    Sign in using the same Windows Live ID that you used to download the beta or
    release candidate versions of Windows Vista. Follow the instructions to
    locate the Product ID on the computer running the qualifying copy Windows
    Vista Ultimate that you recently purchased. Enter that Product ID into the
    online form.

    We will then provide you with a Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade key, so you
    can install Windows Vista Ultimate onto a second machine. (The second
    machine must have Windows XP or a version of Windows Vista already installed
    in order to upgrade)

    Please note that this key is NOT for resale, although you may give it as a
    gift to a friend or colleague. Limit one complimentary key per person.
    Windows Vista Ultimate Academic and Student versions are not included in
    this promotion.

    Offer 2: We also have one hundred $250 gift certificates to give away!
    To thank you for helping make Windows Vista the most reliable Windows® yet,
    taking a short online survey and you be entered to win a $250 Amazon gift
    certificate (US store, shipping worldwide) to spend however you wish.

    Take the short survey here: http://www.windowsvistaevalcomp.comand we will
    include your name for a chance to win. The survey is anonymous but we need
    your name for the prize. Of course, we respect your privacy. All entries
    must be completed by January 15, 2008

    Offer 3: Would you like a truly unique computer personally signed by Bill
    Gates?
    We'd like to give you the opportunity to own a truly unique computer. This
    computer is the ASUS W5fe. It is very powerful, small, light weight and
    incorporates the Windows SideShowT technology. Each one is personally signed
    by Bill Gates. We have ten available, but you can only enter to win if you
    participated in the Windows Vista Beta or Release Candidates through TechNet
    or MSDN.

    Simply come to http://www.windowsvistaevalcomp.com, tell us how you put
    Windows Vista to work along with your top tips and best practices to get
    going with Windows Vista today. We'll select the top ten entries to be
    published. (Only one story per participant, please.) All entries must be
    completed by January 15, 2008

    And in closing, there is so much written about Windows Vista, how do you
    sort through and find the right information at the right time, and with the
    right technical depth? Visit Microsoft's newest TechNet resource: Windows
    Vista Springboard-the onramp for IT Pros.

    Thank again for participating in the Windows Vista Beta Program!

    Thank you!

    Celine Allee
    Director, Windows Client

    VistaByte, Dec 25, 2007

  2. VistaByte

    sgopus Guest

    RE: Vista birthday offer>>a second free copy of vista with the first y

    Some mught be stupid enough to follow the inane instructions you detailed.
    this is a scam

    sgopus, Dec 26, 2007

  3. VistaByte

    VistaByte Guest

    Re: Vista birthday offer>>a second free copy of vista with the first y

    oh you are stupid alright, because its not a scam you idiot

    first of all they are not "my"instructions, rather you can find the info I
    give on the link I provide..

    thats why I gave the link you dork!

    VistaByte, Dec 26, 2007
  4. Re: Vista birthday offer>>a second free copy of vista with the first y

    It is genuine:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/showpost.aspx?postid=2587776&sitei&siteid=17
    But there are a few strings.
    You must have been a participant in the preview program
    You must have checked the box to allow other offers etc.
    Many do not check the box because they do not want to be bothered.
    And they will not be bothered with this offer.

    And only if you receive the appropriate Email from Microsoft.
    If you do not get the Email, you do not qualify.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Dec 26, 2007