virus

Kevin Altizer

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:38:32 +0900
From: Microsoft Inet Email System <[email protected]>
Subject: Mail
To: Network Receiver <[email protected]>

****************** McAfee VirusScan ************************
******* Alert generated at: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 04:25:08 -0500 *********

McAfee VirusScan has detected a potential threat in this e-mail=20
sent by Microsoft Inet Email System <[email protected]>.
The following actions were attempted on each suspicious part.=20
We strongly recommend that you report this virus-related activity=20
to Microsoft Inet Email System <[email protected]>.

The attachment "Unnamed attachment" contains the Potentially Unwanted Pr=
ogram(s):Exploit-MIME.gen.c.=20
This attachment has been quarantined.

FromTheRafters

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:38:32 +0900
From: Microsoft Inet Email System <[email protected]>
To: Network Receiver <[email protected]>

****************** McAfee VirusScan ************************
******* Alert generated at: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 04:25:08 -0500 *********

McAfee VirusScan has detected a potential threat in this e-mail=20
sent by Microsoft Inet Email System <[email protected]>.
The following actions were attempted on each suspicious part.=20
We strongly recommend that you report this virus-related activity=20
to Microsoft Inet Email System <[email protected]>.

The attachment "Unnamed attachment" contains the Potentially Unwanted Pr=
ogram(s):Exploit-MIME.gen.c.=20
This attachment has been quarantined.

It looks to me like Norton neutered the malware (Swen) but sent
the exploit code (Incorrect MIME Type) onward. McAfee then
alerted to the exploit code (which is a *good* thing in my opinion).