Virus that scans aren't catching

G

My work computer has a virus. I cannot use the start menu. Certain programs will not open and give Application Errors. Others like my computer/c:drive will not open. nothing happens. my bottom toolbar constantly disappears and reappears. And all programs at one point show up as "not responding" in task manager. when this happens and you terminate the program the entire screen goes blank.

I've run virus scans from mcafee, norton, and trend micro. I've uninstalled my virus software and tried to reinstall but my computer will not execute the cd-rom. I tried to run it from my computer, windows explorer, the run command, and the server. Every scan says my computer is fine.

I need help!

G

You most likely do not have a virus. Probably a bad update for Norton AntiVirus is at fault. Please see my thread "Slow Right Click Response and Slow Opening of Office Docs" for more info...

s/KAM

Ask a Question