serious virus (need help)

Reaction score
i am using winXP SP2

Problems:
- unable to open task manager, regedit, gpedit they will be closed automatically when opened for 1-2 seconds

- unable to install all virus programs..virus programs will be terminated automatically

- when trying to scan virus through some website(trend micro online scanning)..web browser terminated automatically.

-any program that is related to virus cleaning will be terminated..(can't get any solution)

any idea what to do???

even in safe mode, these viruses are still in active.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If it's as bad as you say, and it looks like it to me also ... reformat, clean install. :(

If you can post a HijackThis log file, I'll take a look.

I don't add much hope, as from what you say, I assume your HOST file is also infected, which is affecting any attempts to install or run any online AV programs.

:user:

Reaction score
Well it seems your windows is currupt, you have to reinstall it and then install a good anti virus ,

Reaction score
1. Why on some topics it says last poster like addy999 and that user hasn't posted on that topic? And it's so on couple of places.
2. I seriously doubt a virus can work in safe mode as only safe Windows processes can work
3. The school has started ouch I hate it no more free time to sure like a maniac... *cry*
Btw I'm on service again, so any infected people that you didn't answer Mucks?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
GameMaster said:
1. Why on some topics it says last poster like addy999 and that user hasn't posted on that topic? And it's so on couple of places.
Well, that's because we Mods can "see" what you cannot ... we get posters that post a lot of gibberish, so we kindly put them to sleep, then ban them if they persist in talking crap. ;)

I seriously doubt a virus can work in safe mode as only safe Windows processes can work
Sorry to burst that bubble, but, there are instances of malware being able to 'run' in safe mode. :nod:

There are variants of the CoolWebSearch, HuntBar, and VX2 infections that will all load even when safe mode is used. There are a few different ways they accomplish this, the most common being that the spyware registers itself as a critical system process ... like iexplorer and runs a bogus svchost. This ensures that it is loaded regardless of what happens, and makes it much harder to shut down that process. I've seen this as far back as 1995. It was, in them days, a little easier with DOS and a DOS AV program ... however, with XP you really need to use something like a Barts PE CD, which is a nifty 'tool' in the right hands.

Unfortunately, most, if not all, home users are not mentally equip to even make a Barts PE CD, let alone use it. :eek: It is always easier to remove any nasties from an infected system, if that system is in front of me. ;)

Btw I'm on service again, so any infected people that you didn't answer Mucks?
You are more than welcome to reply to any post here at PCR ... while a lot of people think I'm some some kind of expert in malware removal, I am not. I do a lot of reading. :D

It takes me some time to 'diagnose' and advise on how best to proceed ... time I sometime do not have. I will, however, jump very quickly in on the foray if I see bad advice being given, or something being missed all together. ;)

Sometimes it is just not worth the time ... sorry, but on many occasions the best cause of action is to do a clean install ... no amount of "protection" will help anyone who is a victim of social malware infestations.

:user:

Reaction score
Affirmative. Nice post, but don't post it while in the middle of the case, the 'victim' may run away in fear! lol
OK all in all, this guy lol###doesn't seem to answer again...
Nor my case who has some Trojans...what is wrong with this people? Come and ask for help and don't show up again.

Ask a Question