Virus/Norton/ Win Spyware Pro 8.3

Hello everyone. I want to take the time first to say thank you to all who
have helped in the past with the problems I had on my pc. I'm back at square
one again. I should say that I did finally end up taking the computer in
to get Win Spyware Pro 8.3 removed. Now I'm not so sure the guy did what he
said he did. Here's what's happening now. I went out and bought Norton
antivirus and came home all full of X-Mas cheer decided to install it. The
computer on the other hand, said no. When the guy fixed the computer, I
finally had the buttons tab on Keyboard properties back. Now it's gone
again. I keep getting the following message, "Fatal internal error occured
9999,171". Then Norton stops installing. I've tried to install Norton
several times with the same results. I might add that when I type up
something on Word, it won't let me print it, it just does nothing. But if I
log onto the internet and then log off and go back to the doc. I tried to
print before, it will now do it. I'm back to having six svchost.exe, three
are under the user name of system, two are network service(I'm not on a
network) and one is local service(this one I tired to end and it just keeps
popping back up. Any idea as to what I should try to rid this computer of
the crude that's on it again? I've done the scan thing til I'm blue in the
face and they all come back saying it's clean. It's just like before where
the infection hides from the scans. Help please.

Leythos

[...]

Why not just wipe the system and rebuild it properly from scratch,
install the AV software, MS Updates, and also make sure that you have a
NAT Router as your first level of protection. Then, since you like to
click on things, stop using the Administrator account to play around on
the web, create a User account with limited permissions, use FireFox,
don't use Outlook or Outlook Express, don't install things you download
from non-commercial web sites, don't run any P2P Sharing programs...

Noel Paton

If you connect to the Internet, you are on a Network!
You may already have a virus/spyware hijack

download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
viruses are not present on your PC
http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp

Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
CoolWebSearch hijacker.

Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
http://www.trendmicro.com/cwshredder/

download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
your system.

Then take Norton back and demand a refund, and get a decent AV

You don't say (at least here) whether the techie checked your updates, or
whether you have? - is your firewall switched on?? - are you connecting to
the Internet via dial-up or USB ADSL modem, or a Cable/ADSL router??
--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Please read on how to post messages to NG's

Leythos

Phuckyou stalker.

Nice reply, and I didn't even check the headers or anything, in fact,
until you posted the above PCBUTTS (Chris), I didn't even know it was
you. I was just blindly thanking someone for posting a real link to the
site.

You morph so often that I don't even look for you. If I come across
something I just post a reply, not even caring who it's too. You need to
get over your fixation with me.

Leythos

You're also a Liar and everybody's knows it stalker.

Then why are you posting under another name in w.p.s.v?

Subject: Re: I got the "Warning! Your computer is infected." blues
From: Aei Sedai <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.security.virus

There you are again, trying to get past the MS Usenet filters that are
setup to auto-delete your posts PCBUTTS1 (Chris).

I don't even have to look at the headers, you never post anything
origonal, always a cut/paste from someone's site.

Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

In case people missed it, the real author and person responsible for the
AntiPauper tool can be found at the link above.

Robert Jordan

Only a STALKER would be so much concerned about what name I use because you
don't know my real name, who I am, and you can't follow me around and STALK
me from group to group, and You would waste your time to read every message
in every group that you know I post in to find which one is me. You are an
obsessed sick STALKER! Stop disrupting this newsgroup.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Robert Jordan said:
Only a STALKER would be so much concerned about what name I use
because you don't know my real name, who I am, and you can't follow
me around and STALK me from group to group, and You would waste your
time to read every message in every group that you know I post in to
find which one is me. You are an obsessed sick STALKER! Stop
disrupting this newsgroup.

Why are you pretending to be someone else who posts legitimately?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Leythos

Only a STALKER would be so much concerned about what name I use because you
don't know my real name, who I am, and you can't follow me around and STALK
me from group to group, and You would waste your time to read every message
in every group that you know I post in to find which one is me. You are an
obsessed sick STALKER! Stop disrupting this newsgroup.

Again, since you take credit for others works, don't give credit for
fixes you've plagiarized of others, and morph so that you can post the
Microsoft groups because your posts are deleted as they are found, who
do you really think is the most disruptive element in this group.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to try and reinstall Norton. If it
don't work, I'm taking it back, they won't refund my cash because the wrapper
from the box was removed but I'll give it a shot. Will post the results.