Virtual Switch Driver download

M

Mike Frank

I try to setup a network connection from an application running in the device emulator to my
development computer (I want to call a WebService over this connection).
The device emulator docu says, that I need a Virtual Switch Driver and that I can download it from
the Mobile Developer Center on MSDN, but I can't find it there.

Mike

N

Nino Benvenuti

Mike said:
I try to setup a network connection from an application running in the
device emulator to my development computer (I want to call a WebService
over this connection).
The device emulator docu says, that I need a Virtual Switch Driver and
that I can download it from the Mobile Developer Center on MSDN, but I
can't find it there.

Mike

Mike,

I think you are after the Virtual Machine Network Driver for Microsoft
Device Emulator, which can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d6-565f-4a57-be8c-1d4718d3af65&DisplayLang=en

Which emulator are you using?

M

Mike Frank

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot Nino.

(There's a lot confusion with names when you are, like me, new to the game of Mobile development
Pocket PC 2003 == Windows Mobile 2003 includes Windows CE 4.2 ;-)

I'm using Microsoft Device Emulator 8.0.50727.42, which was probably installed with the Windows
Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.

The strange thing is, it's working now even without installing the driver. The network card in the
emulator network configuration settings has now "Virtual Machine Network Services Driver" attached
to it's name. I'm not exactly sure, at which point it started to work. I suspect, that I first used
the wrong Emulator, Pocket PC 2003 Emulator, then switched to Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocke PC Emulator.

Thanks again
Mike

Ask a Question