Virgins PC GUard ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Me friend has gone for the Virgin broadband and phone and tv package . It comes with PC Guard , firewall, anti-virus and pop-up blocker . Is it any good ??????????
user.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, you want that politely answered. :D

one word ... Crap!

"Screw it, let's just do it!"
nod.gif

Windows Firewall and Windows Defender do a better job.
laughingsmiley.gif

PCGuard was known as NetGuard before NTL and Virgin merged. Do I need to remind everybody what a crap load of ****e that was? ;)

user.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Me friend has gone for the Virgin broadband and phone and tv package . It comes with PC Guard , firewall, anti-virus and pop-up blocker . Is it any good ??????????
user.gif
I'm with virgin.net/virgin media superdooper broadband & no one offered me PC Guard?
OK it may be crap, but would have been nice to have been offered it & then i could have politely refused it.
Is your 'friend' special/friend of richard.b/a new customer?
They seem to be offering new customers lots of 'special' deals not on offer to current punters, the cunning bar-stewards!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys . Thought it might be crap .
So whats the best free easy to set up and use firewall to use , little lass is only 16 and a newbie and her mums pc-phobic . An I've never used anything other than McAfee .

:D

Reaction score
I pay £25 a month for 2mb.

I should be getting 4mb.

They never upgraded me.

I hate them a lot.

I hate their security package.

I hate NTL.

:p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thanks guys . Thought it might be crap .
So whats the best free easy to set up and use firewall to use , little lass is only 16 and a newbie and her mums pc-phobic . An I've never used anything other than McAfee .

:D
Search for all threads by mucks in the Security, Spyware & Virus forum ... I'm sure you'll find he repeats himself. :D

:lol:

Ask a Question