Virgin media Rip off. Be warned virgin media users.

Reaction score
They have been ripping me off for 1 year now.

They overcharged for 9 month for a broadband XL package service, instead of charging my bank 1 charge they were making 2 charges every month.
Took me weeks of phone calls , and the nightmarish India call center to resolve the situation. Funny thing they tried to convince me everything was normal!!!

When i joined their XL tv package i was suppose to pay 19.99£ as a join Offer but instead their charge me the full Price of around £30 for 6 month. This time didnt take me so long to resolve the matter.

While on their 10/20Meg XL package for Broadband, as soon i moved to my new property the internet was slow and my broadband download speed test was around 300kb/s which is less than a dSL speed yet was paying the full XL package price around £30-37. I spent month on the phone trying to resolve the situation. They made me do all sort of silly test yet i told them i had already done them. Change of router, change of modem, safe mode etc. They were a 100 % sure because their hardware was fine from their end the problem had to be me. After much discussion they sent a tech to my house and guess what? Their broadband cable source that was coming from outside had a fault which was causing the signal to drop giving me slow speeds.Bear in mind my speed was less than ADSL 576 what a joke! SO for 9 month i was paying for a 10/20 Meg line but was getting speed of 300 kb.s !!!

i advise the people who are currently with Virgin Media check your bills with scrutiny. If there is a problem make sure they send you a technician and do not fall into the belief the problem you having is definately your fault. Because from my experience they will try to make you beleive their right and you wrong in every way possible. They have cause me so much frustration and stress you guys cant imagine how painful it was to resolve all those problems.

To those who are thiking of joining Virgin MEdia, avoid them at all cost. You will be grateful later.

20 Meg lol right:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your right a good friend of mine is on 10meg. Well supposed to be!

He was getting the 1.2meg Dl speeds until he used the wrong power lead for his modem and blew it up. They came and changed his modem to a newer 250 model. He now only DL's at 360kb. I have told him this is not right! NTL insist he is recieveing the correct speed although I have done tests signifying he is only downloading at just over a quarter than what he should be

Im gonna put my foot down soon i think!

Reaction score
I get the privalege of paying £70 a month for TV, phone and 4MB net.

Of course, I only recieve 2MB.

It works out at £25 for 2MB connection, £30 for TV and £15 for unlimited phone.

Don't like it, but the TV and phone is pretty darn good, so whatever :D

Reaction score
I was told i would get 8MB from Virgin, but knew my local BT exchange can only handle upto 4MB!
Still Virgin are trying to tell me i can get a higher speed though!!!!

Ask a Question