Video Game Violence

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
New Scientist have published an article that suggests violence in video games may "train" the brain for real life violence. Rather than speculation, MRI scans were performed on subjects playing violent video games and monitoring the results compared to other violent patterns.

This will certainly cause a stir when people demand that violent video games be removed from shelves as a similar incident has been re-enacted. Unfortunately, some people don't have the sense or ability to separate the real from the virtual - should we limit violent games to all people, maintain sensible are limits or have a free for all?

Attachments

• 18.gif
    18.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 329

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
playing games may make people more aggressive or trained for violence but for someone to acctually not be able to differentiate between real life and games theres got to be something wrong upstairs before they even start playing the games

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
playing games may make people more aggressive or trained for violence but for someone to acctually not be able to differentiate between real life and games theres got to be something wrong upstairs before they even start playing the games

I agree like a bungalow NOTHING!
Upstairs :eek:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Who knows limiting the violent games may make a difference but the aggression and violence you see on a saturday night when the pubs turn out would still be there, and that has been going on way before people played video games.....Its a little thing called Alcohol and that turns people into Killers too...You have to be over 18 too consume this Liquid, so just like playing the games, but since when did that stop anybody....

I don't think it matters what reactives there are out there, if someones going to commit violence they don't need a game or a movie to show them how...

People were killed before Games, Films, tv, cars, guns, etc...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I love violent video games :)

Right now I'm honing my 12" razor-sharp blade and oiling my Uzi, it's Saturday......

Reaction score
lol

well i dont knw if one would class it as violent!

but im hooked on fight nite 2004 rite now
im loving it

but i seem to be losing a lot :(

Ask a Question