Video card with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Reaction score
I am brand new to this site so first of all hello to all and I am just slightly computer literate so forgive me if this question seems unusual.

I have a question about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and a correct video card for its use.

My friend has a NVIDIA ASYLUM_ INSANE 3D_ Version 3.1 card and is trying to play the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. The game requirements state that what is recommended is 64 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers.

The background scenery for the game does not work. The cockpit is all that shows when playing the game. Does anyone know if his video card is compatible with this game. If not then can anyone suggest a card that is.

Also could there be anything else that would be causing the graphics to not function properly. We have already ruled out a bad yoke, and joystick. We installed the game on a different machine. I forgot what video card was on that machine but the game seems to work ok so we are leaning toward an incompatible card but buying another video card before knowing if its a compatibility issue seems foolish.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello Fuzzyfife & Welcome

Try installing DirectX 9 ... it should be on the CD.

Also, do you have the Monitor dirvers installed?

;)

Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply

Muckshifter thanks for the quick reply

I will check to make sure what version of Direct x is on the machine and if 9 is not the active version I will install it. I believe that the monitor drivers are properly installed but I will make sure of that also.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question