Video card help

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am looking for some help with my videocard, I have recently bought Silent Hill 3 for PC and have not yet been able to play it. Everytime I try to open the game, I get the following error message:

This game requires a video card with a minimum of 32MB VRAM and programmable Vertex/Pixel Shader support. The application will now close.

I understand I probably need to update my videocard, but wondered if anyone could shed any light on the subject, am I right in thinking this or is there some other problem?

Also, where do I check what card I have and it's properties, so I what what to update in order to play the game.

Many thanks
Amethyst

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
do you know what graphics card you have ? and the rest of your system specs ?

Edit: just read it again, download this and install it, it will give you a complete overview of your system

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks very much, that is a nice little programme!
It says my graphics/video card is a SIS650 and as far as I can see, it has the required 32MB, but I cant figure out whether it has the other requirement?

Other system specs on my computer are:
Intel celeron 2800MHz
Memory: 256MB
CD ROM x1

Hope that helps and thanks again!
Amethyst

Reaction score
You have an onboard video card, not really a card but a chipset. It's built into your motherboard/mainboard. You need to get another video card, either a pci or agp or pci express, depending on what open slots on your mainboard. This is the only way you are going to play 3d video games. Best Buy is your best bet. Give them the info on your PC and they will recommend a card for you and they install. A graphics card in the $100 range should do you nicely. It wouldn't hurt to add another 256mb RAM also.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...nce&mipp=25&uq=graphics+cards&_requestid=8429

Last edited:

Ask a Question