VGA to DVI

Reaction score
I have just bought a TFT monitor (Formac) with a DVI interface and I need to run it from a PC which only has a VGA output. I have been advised to buy an adapter such as
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/DVI-VGA.html?id=9KFMHAc5
I am concerned that this is just a 'make do' and would the digital signal be affected by only using an adater? Would a better option be to buy a graphics card such as
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...m9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91364&_LOC=UK
Help..someone!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums. :thumb:

An adapter will be fine, but, you miss out on the Digital input to the monitor ... I would, if money is not the problem, replace the graphics card and get FULL DVI input/output. ;)

I actually have a graphics card that is DVI only and use an adaptor as my monitor is not DVI. I may be able to afford one when I win the Lotto. :D

nod.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
peterson89 said:
Hi, thanks for the reply, exactly what is a FULL DVI input/output. I'm such a beginner!
... in a nutshell;

DVI = Digital = better graphic = future-proof for HDTV and all that stuff.

... as apposed to plan old Analogue. ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i like analoug, mostly because i have an ol crt monitor. To me, i dont think i could really care for a Hdtv for my computer.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I had the same problem except my Computer was DVI and my monitor was VGA , it cost me £17 for a connector. I then bought a 6600Gt for £60 of Ebay and that had one supplied !
As Mucks asks if money is not a problem get another Card :thumb:

Ask a Question