Windows XP Various programs are crashing this program has encountered an error and needs to clos

Reaction score
Hi

A bit more about my problem, when the computer boots and the desktop appears, the following programs crash with the error message "this program has crashed and will now close to send an error report to Microsoft click on ok, when I do this it does not seem to send the error report and the message does not go away. If I choose not to send the error report then another program crashes. Programs that crash are:

Windows Messenger.exe
AVGnsx.exe
juschd.exe
BThelp.exe
crashreporter.exe

If I try to open Firefox, I get the following error:

Firefox has crashed quit or restart, neither of these options work and then I get the crashreporter has encountered a problem.

My head is done in lol, has anyone else had or heard of this problem.

I am running Windows XP Media Centre

Reaction score
JB Compute said:
Hi

A bit more about my problem, when the computer boots and the desktop appears, the following programs crash with the error message "this program has crashed and will now close to send an error report to Microsoft click on ok, when I do this it does not seem to send the error report and the message does not go away. If I choose not to send the error report then another program crashes. Programs that crash are:

Windows Messenger.exe
AVGnsx.exe
juschd.exe
BThelp.exe
crashreporter.exe

If I try to open Firefox, I get the following error:

Firefox has crashed quit or restart, neither of these options work and then I get the crashreporter has encountered a problem.

My head is done in lol, has anyone else had or heard of this problem.

I am running Windows XP Media Centre

Does this problem happen only with programs in your start up..? Try going into MSCONFIG and disabling each program, the star from there..

Ask a Question