User login and profiles

JohnB

Using Windows2000Pro workstations on an NT4 domian..
I need to change everyones login from lastname only to a
first_lastname login.

What do I have to do to keep their current profiles on
their PC's, I know what to do with Outlook but I need them
to retain the defaults they had before the change.
That would be keeping the printers, My Documents files,
etc..
I'm trying to avoid having to go to each PC and moving
files all over.
Thanks,
John

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi John,

We need to change the following registry key to point the profile to the
old profile path.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

We can use the Registry Editor to edit the remote computer registry.

For more information, refer to the article:

322014 HOW TO: Change the Default Location of User Profiles and Program
Settings
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322014

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Online Support Professional

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided ¡°AS IS¡± with no warranties, and confers no
rights.