User Interface failure.

AyTee

I had finished installing Windows XP on a second computer

when I got this message and cannot go any further.

User interface failure.

The Logon User Interface DLL EPGINA failed to load.
Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL or
restore the original DLL.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that the system displays error after installation.

Please follow these steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Note: The solution involves editing registry.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that
may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that
problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.
Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

1. Boot the computer into Safe Mode.
2. Click on start -> run
3. Type "regedit" without quotes.
4. Locate the following registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
5. Delete the "GinaDLL" entry on the right hand side.
6. Restart the computer in Normal Mode.

Now check if the system starts without any error message.

Also please turn on the Internet Connection Firewall.

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thank you

Rashmi