Access User does not have access privileges

Reaction score
Gents, I'm having the exact same prob.

Firstly, I created a word doc, typed some stuff, put on a password for the document. THEN thinking about going the extra mile, i made the whole folder secure. what that did was put a password on for accessing XP at start up (it also some how made an account under administrator).

so this morning my father tries to log on as HP_Administrator (the same user i was under when I made the docs) and he finds "Administrator" on their (I guess it created that user when i secured my files/folder). so he goes into safe mode, deletes the Administrator account, and therefore the password to open XP is gone.. somehow.

So i get home, I try to access the folder, I can open it, I just can't look at anything, it's all encrypted. AND I can not open the word document "User does not have access privilages"

so i followed the advice, i did a system restore to the day before, AND i also changed security and ownership on the file. that **** did not work. I am still getting the same error. I spent 2 weeks planning out a trip to vegas, all the clubs i wanted to hit, all the info, and secured it in the document.. now I can't access it, please some one help.

thanks

Reaction score
whatevah said:

Does what it says on the tin. Best advice i can give you is to replan your trip and don't bother encrypting data unneccessarily or without backing up certificates.

Ask a Question